Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive taken a look at the government website and it seems pretty straight forward.

Pay online, send passport and two new piccies...and they courier it back in 4-6 weeks

But it seems antiquated that you still have to post it back to the UK!! Is this right?

Any suggestions on the safest way to do this from Dubai?

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
No 3 passport took 4 weeks in September ...... so it should be a little quieter now.

The reason they all go back to the UK, is as a result of certain countries being a bit fast and loose with their issuing processes and checking.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I renewed mine last year, started the application around the second week in May and got my passport back at the end of July.

·
Registered
253 Posts
what happens with the UAE Visa, when you get the new passport, how do you get the replacement for that? We are heading back to the UK for the summer and I intend to get new passports for my wife and I as it's the only time I can afford to be without my passport for travel. Does anyone have experience of what happens when you come back into the UAE (do you just show your old passport) and then do you have to go and get a new visa for your new passport?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts