Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

My partner is from the NZ and he has lived in the UK with me since 2011 (2 years on working holiday visa and 4 years on work sponsorship visa and from Dec 2016 on the UK partnership visa) and I am a British national.

We are planning to move back to NZ for a couple of years end of this year but I am starting to get worried about my partner re-applying for a UK partnership visa when we return - as we will have to start the visa process all over again. Looking at the gov website, it looks like I will have to return first for 6 months before he can apply for the UK partner visa.

Is this the only way to get the partner visa? Very worried about this and may change our minds about moving to NZ. Any advice will be very much appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
18,071 Posts
Read FM 1.7 to understand the options for meeting the financial requirement:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...pendix_FM_1_7_Financial_Requirement_Final.pdf

If you are earning £18,600/year (and this could be increased by the time you apply) in NZ and you have a job lined in the UK which starts within 3 months of your return and earning £18,600/year, then you can apply from NZ.

Keep in mind, that visa requirements could change completely by the time you decide to return.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay, so to clarify does that mean my partner could return with me? If I had a job offer lined up? We are looking to come back end of 2019 and don't want to have forced time apart.

The guidelines also mention if he has a job offer under same conditions (earning over £18,600 in NZ and has a job offer in UK) then he may be accepted but I am wondering, what company would offer someone a job without a visa? Seem's like this would be a rarity!

·
Registered
675 Posts
Okay, so to clarify does that mean my partner could return with me? If I had a job offer lined up? We are looking to come back end of 2019 and don't want to have forced time apart.
You can use cash savings - £62,500 for six months to meet the financial requirement.

·
Registered
675 Posts

The guidelines also mention if he has a job offer under same conditions (earning over £18,600 in NZ and has a job offer in UK) then he may be accepted but I am wondering, what company would offer someone a job without a visa? Seem's like this would be a rarity!
Under current rules, your partner cannot return with you.

For the second part of your question - I think this applies to the British Citizen sponsor - i.e. as long as your earnings in New Zealand meets the financial requirement and you (British Citizen) have a job offer in the UK that also meets the financial requirement, then you can sponsor your partner.

If you sponsor your unmarried partner again for a spouse visa, you will need to once again prove that you two are living as a married couple for at lease two years.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
If you sponsor your unmarried partner again for a spouse visa, you will need to once again prove that you two are living as a married couple for at lease two years.
How come? You don't have to be married for 2 years, but you still need to evidence genuine, substantive relationship.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay, this is not good news! :( Do you know if there is a way to speed up the process, rather than having 6 months apart?! I think we will speak to an immigration advisor too so we are aware of all the options!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.