Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
I have read a couple of posts about some new rules regarding moving back to the UK with your USA spouse.
Can anyone clarify what this may entail, is it true that I may have to move back by myself and get a job that pays a certain amount of money. The trouble with this is that I have a 7 month old and a 6 year old, I cannot imagine being seperated even for a six month time period? My husband is self employed.
Do we have to start saving some cash for this move? Is there anything I can do from here to get started?
What is an IHR? Sorry I have so many questions! I was born in the UK sent to the USA for work met my husband and have been here for 8 years, married for 7 and a half. We would like to move to the UK to be closer to my family.
Many thanks for any input and info anyone can offer on this subject!

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
You need to have been earning the equivalent of £18,600 for the last six months, plus have a job offer making at least that much that begins within three months. Or you could have cash savings of £62,400. I know there is an exception for women earning maternity pay in the UK but I am not sure that it applies for UK women in the US. Maybe someone else will know.

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
If you haven't been earning £18,600/year or more and you haven't got a job lined up earning the same or more starting within 3 month's of your return then you would have to return to the UK on your own, obtain a job earning £18,600/year or more and after you have 6 pay slips from that job along with corresponding bank statements then your spouse can apply to join you from the US.

You would need savings of £62,500 that has been held in a readily accessible account, untouched for 6 months.

There are other options for meeting the financial requirement which you can read about here:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/s...DIs/chp8-annex/section-FM-1.7.pdf?view=Binary

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both so much for the info. I have to say I'm shocked that they will let anyone else in and let them claim benefits. We have somewhere to stay and were both planning on finding work as soon as possible. Lots of food for thought!

·
Registered
834 Posts
Thank you both so much for the info. I have to say I'm shocked that they will let anyone else in and let them claim benefits. We have somewhere to stay and were both planning on finding work as soon as possible. Lots of food for thought!
No, they do not let anyone else in and let them claim benefits. Everyone has to go through the same process...no discrimination in this matter, its the law for everyone, no matter who they are...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.