Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there!

I’m a 29yr old female living in Scotland who is currently seeking a fresh start in her life. Unfortunately I have mental health issues – although not serious, I have a depressive illness which I am currently recovering from.

I am single with no dependants, I would like to know about the options that might be available for me to make a move to the states in the future. I am seeking work as a PA (Personal Assistant) to Director level – I have working experience of this position for around 7years.

What I’d probably being seeking would be a position with accommodation and transportation options and working VISA.

I’d like to seek some advice on how feasible this would be and what the likely financial support I would need before I went any further.

Thanks!
P x

- The areas I'm looking at are USA; UAE and Australia

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
hi Pauline

In the Australia forum, check the sticky threads, there is heaps of info in there. check thinking of emigrating thread, first and foremost you got to check if your skill is in the skill list, all the links are in there.. check the official immigration sote (the link in tehre again) and read about the requirements, take a point test and see wehre you fall.

if you are stuck anywehre, give us a shout, there are many in here who are doing it on their own and have manage well so far with the visa process.

Wish you luck
Cheers
anj

1 - 2 of 2 Posts