Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two questions:

1) I bought a house in france 5 years ago and since leaving my job a year and a half ago I have been living in France. I worked last summer and will work again this summer. I now have a social security number but do I need any further documentation to live here on a permanent basis.

2) last year I work 606 hours but to qualify for chomage I should have worked for 610 hours. Can I use my working time in the uk to take me to the required 610 so that I can receive chomage?

·
Administrator
49,407 Posts
It's not required, but you may want to get a carte de séjour at your local prefecture. It functions as an identity card and keeps you from having to carry your British passport with you as i.d.

As far as I know, though, they only count time worked in France (and reported through the French employment system) toward eligibility for French chomage. Maybe someone here knows of some way around this, but I sure don't.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you

It's not required, but you may want to get a carte de séjour at your local prefecture. It functions as an identity card and keeps you from having to carry your British passport with you as i.d.

As far as I know, though, they only count time worked in France (and reported through the French employment system) toward eligibility for French chomage. Maybe someone here knows of some way around this, but I sure don't.
Cheers,
Bev
Dear Bev

Thank you for your response. I was unsure about the carte de sejour but seems like a sensible option.
Cheers

·
Registered
686 Posts
Two questions:

1) I bought a house in france 5 years ago and since leaving my job a year and a half ago I have been living in France. I worked last summer and will work again this summer. I now have a social security number but do I need any further documentation to live here on a permanent basis.

2) last year I work 606 hours but to qualify for chomage I should have worked for 610 hours. Can I use my working time in the uk to take me to the required 610 so that I can receive chomage?
You need medical insurance, which you should qualify for as an employee, and you need to declare your income to the French tax office.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.