Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Sorry for the rather strange subject, but I couldn't think of another way to put it. Anyway, I'm a 25 year old guy looking to live and work in the UAE, preferably Dubai or Abu Dhabi. I've got a BSc in IT and a PhD in Engineering, although the PhD was still mainly IT. Unlike most, I gained good experience throughout my PhD working with internationally known companies so I do have some experience too.

I'm looking for advice on how to go about getting a job in the IT sector, and what to look for in the packages. How much should I expect to get to maintain a good standard of living?

Thanks in advance,
Paul

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
16 views and no reply! :( hehe

Just thought I'd drop a little more information anyway. I'm over in Dubai at the moment to see how I find it, and so far its great. I'm hoping to at least leave my CV with employment agencies before I head back to the UK at the end of the month. Does anyone here work in Internet City, do they have a central location for posting vacancies?

Thanks,
Paul

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Paul,
check this website for dubai internet city
dubaiinternetcity dot ae
and you can forward your cv to all the companies listed there.

Aslo it is good to register at the recrutment copanies here in UAE, the best in my opinoin are:
Bayt
michaelpage
charterhouseme
Best of luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Paul,

I work for a financial software company (eFront) - we are currently looking to build our consultancy team in Dubai, and would be interested in receiving your CV.
Please forward to jobs-me AT efront DOT com, and also if you could say how long you will be in Dubai for?

Regards,
Oliver

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks bigsam, thats a great help!
Sure Oliver, I'll check it's all ship shape and send it to you tomorrow, thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.