Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to emigrate to Australia as soon as my wife has sorted her visa out and the only thing i need to sort out now is making sure my qualifications are recognised to allow me to work over there.
I am an Ausatralian citizen but have been in the UK since soon after birth. I have a passport already so the usual companies like TRA cannot help me. They keep telling me they only look at qualifications if it is to aid in applying for a visa and cannot tell me who i need to speak to.
Can anyone help?

Any help is much appreciated, thanks
Paul

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Sorry I don't know what a instrument technician is - is it a theatre technician (as in surgery not as in the performing arts)?

Have you tried a job search and then looking at the qualifications asked for? That may give you some help.

Regards,
Karen

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
TRA is correct, they don't do anything about recognising skills except for visa purposes. Since you are already an AU Citizen there is no visa needed.

I think what you need to do next is find out if you can get your licence recognised by another organisation in AU.

Go here to start:
Licence Recognition

I am looking to emigrate to Australia as soon as my wife has sorted her visa out and the only thing i need to sort out now is making sure my qualifications are recognised to allow me to work over there.
I am an Ausatralian citizen but have been in the UK since soon after birth. I have a passport already so the usual companies like TRA cannot help me. They keep telling me they only look at qualifications if it is to aid in applying for a visa and cannot tell me who i need to speak to.
Can anyone help?

Any help is much appreciated, thanks
Paul

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
They do not review my job. My job is a bit like an industrial electrician but a bit more technical and broad. I work at power stations and on oil rigs etc.
Iv looked into the qualifications needed but i dont want to have to do these if possible as they take years. I am also fairly sure my UK qualifications are compatable, i just need someone to tell me so from the relevant agency etc.
The only thing i do need is an electrical licence but i can apply for that after i have sorted my instrumentation qualifications.

Thanks
Paul

1 - 4 of 4 Posts