Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am in the process of applying for my UK spousal settlement Visa and am applying from Berlin. I created my account in April on the Immigration Health surcharge site and when I went to pay it today (June 8th) it says it was €852.

Based on today's currency exchange £600=€823....so why is it charging me so much more?
I figured it might be based on the exchange rate in April however when I created another account today it then said €870 was the charge?

Any ideas on why this is? I know there is a service charge (surprise ;) to use the Berlin offices but is that something they would charge with this as well? I'm guessing not.
This appears to be a significant amount to charge for an exchange rate service.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
They use exchange rate fixed at some time in the past and only change it if there have been major movements, up or down. Sometime you gain, sometimes you lose, that's the way it is.

·
Registered
176 Posts
They use exchange rate fixed at some time in the past and only change it if there have been major movements, up or down. Sometime you gain, sometimes you lose, that's the way it is.
the health surcharge charged £625 plus £25 transaction fee, so total £650 paid (shown in the bank account not yet received email from worldpay, is this ok?

n how much will i get refund if i need to? £600 or £625 or £650?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.