Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All!!!

I am an american citizen living in the UK on a FLR Visa. My husband and I were married last november and we have a 5 month old daughter. We are starting to look at the process for returning to america and I was wondering if someone could give me a step by step process for doing so as it doesnt seem as straight foward as it was when I came to the UK. Our daughter was born here in the UK. If someone could also give us the cost for the 3 of us? Also my husband was banned from using a tourist visa when he was denied entry a couple years ago if this affects anything. Thank you!!!

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
Have you registered the birth of your child with the nearest US embassy and applied for a passport for her? Have you filed your US taxes while in the UK?

You will find step by step instructions, forms and fee schedules on travel.state.gov, USCIS.gov and US embassies to file CR1 spousal visa. If your husband's denied travel visa affects the petition depends on the circumstances of the denial.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you!! so i dont need to file anything for my daughter a part from contacting the embassy in London?? Also since i live in the UK how can I prove financial support, would a job offer suffice?? What is the process of having family in the us sponsoring?

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
One you get her uSpassport your daughter can enter freely

the affidavit of support is a problem ...you may nered US based family to provide that

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
Details, q&a and forms for AoS are available in detail in the three official sites I gave you. You have the option to self sponsor. If you need sponsors and/or co-sponsors please explain the potential financial commitment they will be entering for up to ten years.

·
Administrator
49,984 Posts
thank you!! so i dont need to file anything for my daughter a part from contacting the embassy in London?? Also since i live in the UK how can I prove financial support, would a job offer suffice?? What is the process of having family in the us sponsoring?
I wouldn't put it quite that way. You need to do more than contact the US Embassy in London. You will need to go there with your daughter to do a consular report of birth abroad and to apply for her US passport. Children Born in the UK to U.S. Parents | Embassy of the United States
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
331 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts