Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Does anyone know if the below is enough accommodation documents for a fiancé visa.
The house is owned by my mum (no mortgage, owned) and only I live there with her currently, the plan is for my fiancé to live with me until we get married.
It is a three bedroom house.

Letter stating we can live there indefinitely rent/utilities free
Copy of land registry and deeds (does this need to be a certified copy?)
Copy of current tax statement (does this need to be certified copy/original?)
Original Gas/electricity bill
Copy of water bill
Photo's of bedrooms and Kitchen

Also do they need any proof of her identification such as passport bio page etc?

Thanks

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi,

Does anyone know if the below is enough accommodation documents for a fiancé visa.
The house is owned by my mum (no mortgage, owned) and only I live there with her currently, the plan is for my fiancé to live with me until we get married.
It is a three bedroom house.

Letter stating we can live there indefinitely rent/utilities free
Copy of land registry and deeds (does this need to be a certified copy?)
Copy of current tax statement (does this need to be certified copy/original?)
Original Gas/electricity bill
Copy of water bill
Photo's of bedrooms and Kitchen

Also do they need any proof of her identification such as passport bio page etc?

Thanks
A housing inspection report by the local council might be useful, to confirm there will not be any over-crowding. Price varies on area, from about £60 - 200 I think (I am paying £100 and am very happy with the price!). You need orginial documents ideally. The Land Registry have a website you can order documents from, as far as I'm aware, these are acceptable for UKBA requirements.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A housing inspection report by the local council might be useful, to confirm there will not be any over-crowding. Price varies on area, from about £60 - 200 I think (I am paying £100 and am very happy with the price!). You need orginial documents ideally. The Land Registry have a website you can order documents from, as far as I'm aware, these are acceptable for UKBA requirements.
Thanks for the info, I don't think we need an inspection report as it is a three bedroom house (up to five people aloud?)
Main concern is where you can get away with certified copies, any one have any success experiences?

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
Thanks for the info, I don't think we need an inspection report as it is a three bedroom house (up to five people aloud?)
Main concern is where you can get away with certified copies, any one have any success experiences?
You need a property inspection to have it independently verified that there is no overcrowding.

As has already been indicated, applicants have been successful using a land registry document ordered on line. Council tax bill needs to be original. Other bills aren't needed.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You need a property inspection to have it independently verified that there is no overcrowding.

As has already been indicated, applicants have been successful using a land registry document ordered on line. Council tax bill needs to be original. Other bills aren't needed.
Ok brilliant will provide original proofs apart from land registry/deeds then.

Are you sure this inspection report is neccessary? Would a certified electral role suffice? Also where she bought the house we have a full survey which I am sure includes room sizes.

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
The electoral role only proves who living in the property is eligible to vote. Obviously there could be occupants who aren't eligible to vote. If you are sharing accommodation with friends, roommates or family a property inspection is a good idea.

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
You may get away with not having inspection report, but why risk delay and possible rejection?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok I take it on board then.

Just to check do they need a photocopy of my mums passport/birthcirtificate or anything like that?

Thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You may get away with not having inspection report, but why risk delay and possible rejection?
Ok so I have booked an appointment with 'Jay' at propertyinspectionreport.co.uk
Any idea if this is a reputable company?

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
Doesn't your local council offer inspection service? Better than any commercial, for-profit outfit.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They seemed very clueless and I went around in circles... I read somewhere on this forum that people used this website. I wondered if anyone had any experiences with him?

Thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.