Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am a newbee to this forum.

I have gone through the threads for Fiance and Spouse visa. I have to admit that you guys do a great job and provide alot of emotion support without any prejudice. This is really required many people like me on the forum who are either waitng for their visa or about to apply and require information.

My Fiance is a British Citizen. We got engaged in India in May and planned to get married in UK. I have already applied for my UK Fiance visa on July 12th. On July 17th I got a message from VFS stating "Visa Application ref no (xxxxx) is under process at british deputy high commission." Ever since I have been waiting eagerly for my visa.

I was getting very frustrated with the waiting time when I came across this forum and saw threads for UK spousal visa where people who have applied atleast month or so before me are still waiting. It helps alot to know there are other people who are in similar situation and there for each other in this time of need :)

I just had one question. Is the waiting time for Spousal visa and Fiance visa same? How much is the waiting time if the visa is under process?

Thanks in advance for the feedback and all the best to all those people who are going through this frustrating period of waiting.

Regards,
S.Sanders

·
Registered
39,151 Posts
All settlement visa applications attract similar processing time. India is the busiest country for UK visas, and while they have a big staff, waiting time is still long and there is no priority service for settlement. Most applications receive in-depth scrutiny, including verification (checking up) with employer etc, which all takes time as they are reliant on response time from third party. It may be worth checking with your spouse/partner's employer if they have had enquiries from Home Office over your visa.
2-3 months seems about par for India.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Joppa.. As far as I know no call was made to my Fiance's employer. But I will check with him anyways.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Joppa,

Just wanted to get one more clarification. We have booked our wedding date on 12 th of October. The receipt of which was provided as evidence for the visa. If I dont get the visa by mid of sepetember, we might have to probably postpone my wedding date. Will that affect their decision in anyway? or do we have to produce the postponed booking receipt as proof again?

Thanks in Advance,

S.Sanders

·
Registered
2 Posts
All settlement visa applications attract similar processing time. India is the busiest country for UK visas, and while they have a big staff, waiting time is still long and there is no priority service for settlement. Most applications receive in-depth scrutiny, including verification (checking up) with employer etc, which all takes time as they are reliant on response time from third party. It may be worth checking with your spouse/partner's employer if they have had enquiries from Home Office over your visa.
You are right thanks for giving such a this type of info

·
Registered
368 Posts
Good luck

Hi S.sanders, Joppa have clearly mentioned the processing time and reason behind it so - best of luck and hope you get it soon so that you donot have to postpone your wedding date.:)

·
Registered
368 Posts
So desperate now

Hello Joppa, I understand the reason of the prolonged time period in India but for me given the timeline of 60 working days are over- do I have to wait a bit more or should I contact BHC to know my status. Any hope for me this week ??? :fingerscrossed:
If so it would be the best gift ever for my birthday which is due after 4 days.:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.