Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I would first like to thank everyone in the forum, especially the moderators, for their unfailing advice while my fiance and I have been preparing my visa application. It has been invaluable!

I am the applicant and my fiance/sponsor is a British citizen living in the UK. We prepared and completed every part of the application and have all supporting documents. I submitted the application on the visa4uk website, signed the declaration, paid the fee, paid for priority on the vfs.global website, and set up my biometrics. To be clear I have not gone to my biometrics appointment yet.

The only thing pending was having my fiance make a copy of his passport. Upon searching for it, it seems that it is lost! We wouldn't have submitted or paid for anything if we hadn't been sure that he had his passport, but we assumed wrongly. :sad:

I am now asking for your advice! Should I...

A. Get a refund for the application now and start from scratch once my fiance gets a new passport?
B. Push back my biometrics appointment to allow for the time of expedited processing of a new passport and submit once he receives?

I am extremely concerned as I am not sure if his passport number will change once he receives a new passport and his old passport number is what is on the visa application.

PLEASE HELP!!! THANK YOU!!!

·
Registered
39,068 Posts
You can send the sponsor's birth certificate instead. Or withdraw your application, ask for refund and resubmit with new passport.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, Joppa!

Upon scrambling through my computer files I actually found a photo my fiance had taken of his passport biometrics page from a few months back so I plan to print out a copy of it and use that in my application.

Perhaps I will also submit a copy of his birth certificate to go along, although I am aware it isn't necessarily needed if passport evidence is provided. :fingerscrossed:

Cheers!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.