Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am getting all my documents organized and have a couple of questions. I am in the USA.

1. Does my UK fiance (sponsor) need to fill out the sponsorship form?

2. I am sending Sponsor's bank statements in, do I need to send my as well? Sponsor has plenty of income without my financial stuff.

Thank you for all the helpful information..

·
Registered
39,078 Posts
Hello, I am getting all my documents organized and have a couple of questions. I am in the USA.

1. Does my UK fiance (sponsor) need to fill out the sponsorship form?
You can complete the relevant sections of the application form from the information your fiancé gives you. It's also required that your sponsor writes a letter outlying your relationship from the start, and you do the same as well.

2. I am sending Sponsor's bank statements in, do I need to send my as well? Sponsor has plenty of income without my financial stuff.
Yes, that helps. But it's the UK sponsor's income that matters more.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello, I'm in the U.S and my fiance is in the UK. We plan to get a fianc visa and then apply for a marriage visa.
We have idea's on supporting documents to help with the visa.
But my question is my fiance is disabled. He has M.S (Multiple Sclerosis) and can't work. He does off to the side jobs, but nothing full time. He gets disability money every month, about 650 quid. I currently have a job and planned to put back $2,500 (about 1,600 quid).
Will his income be enough to support us and will a bank statement of my savings be enough?
If not what should I do?
Please help. Thank you

We planned to get a letter from his disability to prove he gets it every month.

·
Registered
39,078 Posts
Hello, I'm in the U.S and my fiance is in the UK. We plan to get a fianc visa and then apply for a marriage visa.
We have idea's on supporting documents to help with the visa.
But my question is my fiance is disabled. He has M.S (Multiple Sclerosis) and can't work. He does off to the side jobs, but nothing full time. He gets disability money every month, about 650 quid. I currently have a job and planned to put back $2,500 (about 1,600 quid).
Will his income be enough to support us and will a bank statement of my savings be enough?
If not what should I do?
Please help. Thank you

We planned to get a letter from his disability to prove he gets it every month.
It may be possible to get a fiancé(e) visa under the current regulations, but rules are due to change soon and from June (as it has been suggested), the UK sponsor may need an income of £25,700 before tax. We don't have any details yet and are awaiting announcement.

·
Registered
4 Posts
That's crazy! He's disabled. He can't help not being able to work.
If that does happen, then what shall I do?

I have another question, he has tried to come over here, but was unable( deported) and hasn't been able to come back to visit me. I have stayed with him twice for 3 weeks at a time. Will this hurt our ability to get this visa?

·
Registered
39,078 Posts
That's crazy! He's disabled. He can't help not being able to work.

If that does happen, then what shall I do?

I have another question, he has tried to come over here, but was unable( deported) and hasn't been able to come back to visit me. I have stayed with him twice for 3 weeks at a time. Will this hurt our ability to get this visa?
Unless you are in a position to apply before the end of May, you'll just have to wait to see what the new rules will mean for you. There are many unanswered questions at the moment.

The government's intention seems to be that only the financially secure should be able to bring non-EEA partner or family member to UK, to reduce immigration.

As for his deportation from US, it should not directly affect your visa application but will limit your options if you ever want to sponsor him to live in US.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.