Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am indian citixen and living in canada from past 4 years my current status in canada is worker. My work permit expires in august 21 and i have already applied for my work permit extendion as i got my provinvial nominee cleared. The question i have is i have done IELTS back in 2012 academic in may with 6.5 bands overall. I was wondering if thats ok for my uk fiance visa? its been 3 years since i have done that test would that be ok or i have to do it again?? Also does that matter that my work permit expires on august 21? nd we are looking to apply on august1 st 2015. If some one can help that would be greatly appreciated.

P.S my fiancee he is british citizen.
thanks

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
I have started a new thread for you.

Please don't randomly post on threads that have absolutely nothing to do with your topic.

Please take the time to read through all of the stickies at the top of the page, one of which explains how to start a new thread.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Expired IELTS

i have seen lots of people saying on this forum that they usd their expired IELTS nd they got their visa now m confused coz in my city there is no any ielts test available till the end of august nd i need to apply visa beginning of august as our wedding is in october
Please help

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
They are the people who have already used the then valid test result for a previous visa application in the same route and now using the expired result for the next, such as first spouse visa followed by renewal after 2.5 years.
In your case, since you are making a fresh application with your fiancé visa, you need a new test pass.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ielts

Ohhh ok thanks for your reply that means we cant apply early august we have to wait and cancel all the arrangements etc. sad :(

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Well, as they always say, don't make any arrangement until you have your visa.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so i was going to book my IELTS test so on UK approved list there is no any center in canada as m living in canada on work permit status. on the list it shows for eg centers that UK embassy accept from india china etc but there is no any from canada. since i m making my application from here i m confused and dont know what to do if joppa you can hellp that would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance for your help!!

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
IELTS SELT Consortium IDP & BC Ottawa Canada RoW pop-up Valid from 06 April 2015
IELTS SELT Consortium BC CA030 St Johns Canada RoW pop-up 06 April 2015
IELTS SELT Consortium IDP & BC Toronto Canada RoW pop-up 06 April 2015
IELTS SELT Consortium IDP & BC Vacouver/Edmonton Canada RoW pop-up 06 April 2015
Page 13 on the list. Did you check properly?
Check out IELTS SELT website for test availability (at British Council office and elsewhere).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thank you so much for getting back to me i really appreciate that. SO i checked online there is no any test available untill september end. I was thinking of applying with my old IELTS certificate with my study diploma as i have done business administraion 1 year course from university of regina. I work in a hair restoration company nd my company said that they can write me a letter saying how good my english is etc. Would you suggest doing that or not?? Or what my other options can be ?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
No, it won't work, and you will be turned down for a visa. They are very strict and apply the rules exactly. You need a bachelor's degree as an alternative to a test pass. No other options other than perhaps going to US to take a test where it's available.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hello
I m trying to book my test in LA since there is no any date available in edmonton or canada. so there is no A! available since september end is it possible if i can give IELTS academic under Uk approved centers??? since on approved list all it says is IELTS SELT so m confused please help!!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nyclon sorry about that.
Joapa i booked my test in newark NJ on august 1st and i m hoping to get my test back on august 15 nd looking to book my nio metrics appoinmtent around 18 august and my work permit expires on august 21 ? is this a problem? I have my work permit on applied status which is going to take 3 months not sure if you can help that would be great.

i have got My proviincial nominee in canada valid till november 8th before that i have to apply my permanent residency so i can atach that letter from government with my application?

Please advise
nd thanks a lot for all your help i really appreciate that.

·
Banned
46 Posts
You can give ielts gen or ielts acad it is also sufficent and definately in canada there will be centre for ielts acad or gen both are acceptable but you need atleast 4 band

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.