Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all!

I recently submitted my UK fiance visa (from the United States) on October 18, 2013. On October 23, 2013 I received an email stating that my application has been received in Sheffield, UK and organized in preparation for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer. (I did not do priority which is something I now regret).

However, after mailing my visa I realized that I am missing some rather important information for the accomodation section of the visa. My fiance and I have diligently tried getting in touch with his landlady in order to have her write stating that my living there would be OK. However, the landlady is frequently out of the country and we were unable to get a response from her. And my friance, not being the most organized man in the world, was unable to locate his actual rental agreement.

So, what I did was type up a letter stating the above mentioned circumstances and that we did intend to live at the address used on the application, and that it is the same address shown on his employment contract, paystubs, as well as his stamped bank statements for the last year. (I read that it is better to explain why a document is missing than to completely omit or worse forge one).

I realize that this will obviously not be sufficient, and was wondering if any one had any experience on if they will flat out deny the visa or if they will request additional documents.

I am so upset with myself on this, and without the priority service i'm afraid it could be months before I really know anything.

Thank you for any help that can be provided!

·
Registered
638 Posts
Did you submit anything else to evidence accommodation?
The very least should be a tenancy agreement and the landlord's letter in addition.

Unfortunately it's down to the ECO whether they request more information or simply refuse. Hopefully your explanation will help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.