Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder if you can please help as we do not know what to do or who to contact in this instance.

I am so pleased to say that after a 9 week wait, my fiance has had her fiance visa approved and her daughter has had her settlement dependent visa approved. We received our confirmed emails last Weds. Today my fiance collected the passports from the UK Embassy in Lima. Everything is fine with my partner's visa.

There is something however that we are very concerned about on the child's visa. It states on her visa that the "Visa Settlement, Accompanying Parent, The Name of Sponsor". Is this correct? i.e. She will be accompanying her mother and the name that should appear being the sponsor?! We are very confused because we thought that this would have to state her mother's name (and not the sponsor) as they are travelling together to the UK .... maybe we have mis-intrepreted it somewhere.

We have looked online for advice but cannot find any information relating to this. Also, I have sent an email to Rio but am not even sure if it will be read as they are not forthcoming with email addresses to send enquiries. Can anyone please provide us with some advice as we don't know where to turn and their flights are booked for the 29th Nov.

Please help.

I have found this website so informative and the contributors are real life savers.

I really hope that someone out there can put our minds at rest.

Kind Regards,

JH

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
The child's visa is correct and is in order. Since you are their financial sponsor, it's ok for your name to appear.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good evening to you Joppa. I am so pleased it was you that replied as I have been reading a lot of your replies and you seem so knowledgeable and helpful.

Thank you ever so much for your reply and for confirming this. Also, thank you for all of the other related posts as you have made what is a very complex and somewhat confusing process much more bearable!

All the very very best to you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.