Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello :)

I need help about my uk fiance visa. Well, I have already submitted the application, but have got a few questions as i am walking around very stressed and worried every day.
The first question i have is the financial requirement. I studied in the UK for almost two years and have been living with my boyfriend for the last 6 months. I came back as my student visa was expiring and started the fiance visa process, so I am currently unemployed. So, for the financial requirements we are relying only on my boyfriend's earnings. We have letter from his employer with an average of 2750 per month before tax. We have submitted 6 months of his payslips (they were e-payslips, so we submitted certified copies), the P60 showing 22.000 pounds 'in this employment". And 6 months of bank statements. Is it enough to meet the financial requirement?
As for the proof of accommodation, we have submitted utilities bills (electricity, gas, internet), mortgage paper from the bank, we recently had a property valuation, so included it too and photos of the flat. My boyfriend owns the flat and we are not sharing it with anyone. Not sure if it is enough evidence?

And the last question is about the intention to marry. We have a sworn affidavit with statement of intent, we have a booking confirmation from the restaurant (invoice showing the deposit paid and a confirmation letter form the general manager). I have also submitted the printed copy of an email with the register office, saying that they cannot take any appointment to give notice of marriage before i am in the uk (7 clear days to give notice and 15 days to marry). Do you think this might be enough?

Thank you very much in advance. And sorry for this long post.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I can also see many people print off travel itinerary, but I have not included anything like that...thought it is not important :(

·
Super Moderator
18,051 Posts
Hello :)

I need help about my uk fiance visa. Well, I have already submitted the application, but have got a few questions as i am walking around very stressed and worried every day.
The first question i have is the financial requirement. I studied in the UK for almost two years and have been living with my boyfriend for the last 6 months. I came back as my student visa was expiring and started the fiance visa process, so I am currently unemployed. So, for the financial requirements we are relying only on my boyfriend's earnings. We have letter from his employer with an average of 2750 per month before tax. We have submitted 6 months of his payslips (they were e-payslips, so we submitted certified copies), the P60 showing 22.000 pounds 'in this employment". And 6 months of bank statements. Is it enough to meet the financial requirement?
What category are you applying under? Is he salaried or unsalaried?

As for the proof of accommodation, we have submitted utilities bills (electricity, gas, internet), mortgage paper from the bank, we recently had a property valuation, so included it too and photos of the flat. My boyfriend owns the flat and we are not sharing it with anyone. Not sure if it is enough evidence?
Photos were unnecessary. You only needed 1 utility bill. Did you include the deed or land registry?

And the last question is about the intention to marry. We have a sworn affidavit with statement of intent, we have a booking confirmation from the restaurant (invoice showing the deposit paid and a confirmation letter form the general manager). I have also submitted the printed copy of an email with the register office, saying that they cannot take any appointment to give notice of marriage before i am in the uk (7 clear days to give notice and 15 days to marry). Do you think this might be enough?
As long as you show that you've made some plans to have a wedding which you have, it should be fine. The email from the register office was unnecessary. They are aware of the rules. Actually, you have to be resident for 7 days before you can give notice which is 28 days for a foreign national, not 15.

A sample itinerary gives them an idea of when you would like to travel to the UK which is why we suggest you include one. On it's own, it shouldn't be a reason for refusal.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you sooo much for the response.
No, we have not included land registry or deeds. Just the utilities bills and th, e mortgage details, thought should be okay...
And we are applying under category A. Salaried employment in the UK. We currently have only his P60 for 2014, which shows 22000, but over the last year he started earning more and is up to 32000.
I guess the payslips for 6 months and the bank statement will show it? Also the letter form the employer...

·
Super Moderator
18,051 Posts
You didn't need the P60 since it doesn't cover the last 6 months. As long as he earned at least£1550/month, it's fine. Maybe a mortgage statement is enough but it's the deed or land registry that show who owns the property. All you can do is wait at this point.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just checked his e payslips, if it is before any tax deducted, he did earn above 1550 GBP per month...
Yes, I know...now i can only wait.

Thanks a lot for your help and time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I started panicking as I saw his payslip for february, which had 1842 GBP on it and after Tax, NI and Expenses deducted it was 1512 left. Total taxable pay on his april payslip says 32, 307GBP (so i guess this is what will be on his 2015 P60).
Oh goddess, I think i should just stop thinking and wait.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.