Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fiancé (UK) and I (US) are about to go through the visa process. I believe I have researched it enough to know the proper documents needed but still have a few questions.*

He is in his 40's, well established in his community and owns his company. I am in my 30's and not as well off as he is but am trying to save money. I have read about some fiancé visas being turned down due to insufficient funds; in one case the woman was from South Africa, the other woman was from somewhere in Asia. Is this something I should be concerned about? I won't have a very impressive amount in my bank account, definitely not enough that they will believe I can support myself for 6 months. I have read that in most cases the sponsors income is what matters though.*

We plan on a civil service the first month I am there, nothing fancy, we just want to be married. I do plan on working once I obtain my spousal visa, I just don't know where that will be. I am just worrying myself into a tizzy about being turned down for something or other. If anyone has information or has been in a similar situation I would appreciate hearing it.*

·
Super Moderator
18,064 Posts
My fiancé (UK) and I (US) are about to go through the visa process. I believe I have researched it enough to know the proper documents needed but still have a few questions.*

He is in his 40's, well established in his community and owns his company. I am in my 30's and not as well off as he is but am trying to save money. I have read about some fiancé visas being turned down due to insufficient funds; in one case the woman was from South Africa, the other woman was from somewhere in Asia. Is this something I should be concerned about? I won't have a very impressive amount in my bank account, definitely not enough that they will believe I can support myself for 6 months. I have read that in most cases the sponsors income is what matters though.*

We plan on a civil service the first month I am there, nothing fancy, we just want to be married. I do plan on working once I obtain my spousal visa, I just don't know where that will be. I am just worrying myself into a tizzy about being turned down for something or other. If anyone has information or has been in a similar situation I would appreciate hearing it.*
It's the sponsor's ability (and responsibility) to support you that matters. If you have some savings, that will be considered as part of the overall package, however it's your sponsor's finances and ongoing ability to support you that are important.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.