Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

After reading the list of supporting documentations from the UKVI website, I understand council tax bill and utility bills can support your accommodation evidence.

However, I have a question for each of these two documents that I have if you could kindly help me answer.

1) Council Tax Bill - I recently moved back to live with my mother. However, after contacting my local council, they said they cannot add my name to the actual council tax invoice as my mum is the owner of the property. However, they did add my name to the property under their database.

In turn, they sent me a letter stating my full name and the address of the property, confirming that I was indeed living there.

Therefore, I was wondering by providing this letter accompanied with the email correspondences with the council, would this be sufficient?

2) Utility Bill - I tried to change the account holder under my parent's name to mine. However, after the correspondence with the utility company, they said they could also add my name to the account. Meaning the invoice will be directed to both myself and my parent.

Once again, I would like to ask if this is sufficient enough as clearly I cannot do much more than this.

Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Super Moderator
18,088 Posts
If you're living with your mother and she owns the property then you need a deed or land registry document to prove that she owns it and a council tax or other utility bill in her name not yours to prove that she lives there. You'll additionally need a letter from her giving your partner permission to live there.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you're living with your mother and she owns the property then you need a deed or land registry document to prove that she owns it and a council tax or other utility bill in her name not yours to prove that she lives there. You'll additionally need a letter from her giving your partner permission to live there.
Thanks nyclon, can I also ask if these invoices' needs to be within 3 months of the application?

As my parent recently received her council tax invoice which obviously covers the period up until April 2016. Therefore, if I was to submit this as part of the fiancé application in December, would this be appropriate?

Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.