Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys & gals

Hoping you can help....forsee possibility of losing will to live :frusty:

Ok, so my husband has previously been granted a uk visitors visa no problems...we both live outside of UK(I'm british born) contrary to government,ECO,border officials or other randoms he has never had any desire,wish,thought or any other feeling of wanting to live in the UK. :D

In fact last time he was here he told me he was depressed, well thats british weather for you!! But hey I moved country..so he will take a holiday!!!!

Anyway back to question, I am a rambler....sorry

Does by any chance the UK border agency keep the previously submitted information on file or am I lucky enough to have to start from scratch and submit everything again?? Obviously I am aware that documents must be up to date but I mean for example we have been together 5 years, last application I provided LOTS of evidence of where,how we met etc do I have to do all that again??

If necessary needs must..but I am sure you will share in my pain of the visa application process and oh my god the paperwork you have to provide headaches...ok....rant over.

Hope someone here can help...you have more chance of discovering the meaning of life than getting a straight answer from visa information services.

Thanking you all...good luck with your visas peeps

:peace:

·
Registered
39,154 Posts
Hi guys & gals

Hoping you can help....forsee possibility of losing will to live :frusty:

Ok, so my husband has previously been granted a uk visitors visa no problems...we both live outside of UK(I'm british born) contrary to government,ECO,border officials or other randoms he has never had any desire,wish,thought or any other feeling of wanting to live in the UK. :D

In fact last time he was here he told me he was depressed, well thats british weather for you!! But hey I moved country..so he will take a holiday!!!!

Anyway back to question, I am a rambler....sorry

Does by any chance the UK border agency keep the previously submitted information on file or am I lucky enough to have to start from scratch and submit everything again?? Obviously I am aware that documents must be up to date but I mean for example we have been together 5 years, last application I provided LOTS of evidence of where,how we met etc do I have to do all that again??

If necessary needs must..but I am sure you will share in my pain of the visa application process and oh my god the paperwork you have to provide headaches...ok....rant over.

Hope someone here can help...you have more chance of discovering the meaning of life than getting a straight answer from visa information services.

Thanking you all...good luck with your visas peeps
So you are looking to get a visitor visa for your Turkish (?) husband? And he has had visitor visa before?

Do they keep previously-submitted visa application forms?
The answer is yes, but details may not be immediately available, esp if they aren't in electronic form.
Just start a fresh application and give the details asked for, and supply supporting documents as required. And yes, you have to provide everything they ask for.

If you have any specific questions on how to answer certain questions or which documents to submit, do ask.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Joppa

Thanks for your reply.

Yes he has previously been granted a UK visitors visa, however as we are now married, it will be a family visitor visa (invitation letter will be sent from my mother) just a short holiday...

For example, for our first application (for which my mother sent invitation) we provided proof of when/how we met, all our flight history,passport entry/exit stamps/contact history i.e telephone bills etc including cover letter detailing....

Our primary reason for the first application was we had decided to marry in Turkey and only immediate family were attending due to travel cost etc therefore we wished him to come to UK so everybody could celebrate etc which we explained our intention in cover letter

As my mother was sending invitation letter, we provided as requested proof she had owned, and held same residence for over 15 years,full financials,her travel history etc

I am aware that we have to provide new documents i.e bank/his business accounts etc

My question is more in relation to supporting documentation. Can I just send new documents i.e marriage proof/my turkish residency and refer them to our prior applcation regarding how we met etc or do I still need to provide again all the information of how we met?

Also, does my mother again need to supply previously supplied documents i.e proof when she bought her house or can we just provide documents proving she is still in same residence??

So it's more to do with the supporting docs and do I need to supply previously supplied supporting docs? If that makes sense, as they requested x2 copies of each document I presumed at least one copy would be kept?

confused....

Thanks

·
Registered
39,154 Posts
confused2012 said:
Hi Joppa

Thanks for your reply.

Yes he has previously been granted a UK visitors visa, however as we are now married, it will be a family visitor visa (invitation letter will be sent from my mother) just a short holiday...

For example, for our first application (for which my mother sent invitation) we provided proof of when/how we met, all our flight history,passport entry/exit stamps/contact history i.e telephone bills etc including cover letter detailing....

Our primary reason for the first application was we had decided to marry in Turkey and only immediate family were attending due to travel cost etc therefore we wished him to come to UK so everybody could celebrate etc which we explained our intention in cover letter

As my mother was sending invitation letter, we provided as requested proof she had owned, and held same residence for over 15 years,full financials,her travel history etc

I am aware that we have to provide new documents i.e bank/his business accounts etc

My question is more in relation to supporting documentation. Can I just send new documents i.e marriage proof/my turkish residency and refer them to our prior applcation regarding how we met etc or do I still need to provide again all the information of how we met?

Also, does my mother again need to supply previously supplied documents i.e proof when she bought her house or can we just provide documents proving she is still in same residence??

So it's more to do with the supporting docs and do I need to supply previously supplied supporting docs? If that makes sense, as they requested x2 copies of each document I presumed at least one copy would be kept?
As you are now married, you won't need all the stuff about how you met etc, just your marriage certificate and evidence of co-habitation like joint bills and bank account. And your mother only has to provide proof of living in her house like council tax or utility bills.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.