Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm a UK guy who has moved to Darwin, Northern Territory in the last couple of months. I'd like to offer assistance to anyone contemplating or actively going through the process of relocating.

If anyone has any questions, concerns or would like to know more about my move, please let me know.

Thanks
Paul

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Hi Paul,

Welcome to the forum and Australia :)

What visa did you come over on?
Why did you choose Darwin? I haven't been there yet so I don't know what it's like (I'm in SE South Australia).

Regards,
Karen

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Karen,

Thanks for the message. The simple answer is work - that's where the company who offered me the job are based. I'm on a 457 for 2 years.

How long have you been over here? Is it permanent or temporary?

Cheers
Paul

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
We're here permanently on skilled independent visas and moved over in July 2007 - we'll be going for citizenship soon since we got here before the rules changed from 2 to 4 years residency.

How are you settling in?

Regards,
Karen

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
I do sometimes wonder if I will one day move a bit further North for the warmer winters :cool:
We think the same thing sometimes but at the moment the winters here still feel pretty warm to us (from the UK).

·
Registered
290 Posts
Hi,

I'm a UK guy who has moved to Darwin, Northern Territory in the last couple of months. I'd like to offer assistance to anyone contemplating or actively going through the process of relocating.

If anyone has any questions, concerns or would like to know more about my move, please let me know.

Thanks
Paul

I'm applying to NT Sponsorship Visa 176, in the territory web site they mentioned that i should have sufficient money/assets to cover my settlement in NT ..

the questions are:
1. if i have properties ( house - store - car ... etc) it would be accepted as assets ??
2. for cash .. do they asking for transferring the money to NT on arrival ?? or they will ask about it later before grant the visa ?

3. how long it takes from applying to NT sponsorship to DIAC to grant the Visa ?

please help

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hi,

Thanks
Paul
Well, I have a relo and her boyfriend, who live and work in Darwin, and who want PR. Can you be of assistance? They currently are on a holiday-work visa and are in their loe twenties. She is in the holiday industry and he is in construction?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts