Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm coming on December 27 rejoin my husband in UK and stay there for good with him. I am Canadian, and my husband is Spanish. He already work since last year.

On the 27, I will not enter in the UK with him, I travelling alone. We read that the stamp A1 will be the quickest solution for me to come in the UK. We didn't not have time to do the Family Permit.

I want to know what is going to happen to me at the UK border.

Usually, when I was coming to UK to see my boyfriend at this time before we get married in Spain, at the UK border, I was going to : Other passport and the immigration officer was putting the stamp in my Canadian passport: Leave to enter for six months: .... recourse to public funds prohibited.

But now, do I go in the EEA and UK or still at the other passport at the UK border entrance?

I read that they going to ask me questions and do some verifications. I bring with me this documents support to prove that I coming to rejoin my husband to live with him in the UK on the EEA regulations 2006.

- Official copy of the spanish passport of my husband did in the spanish ambassy in London.
- All the original documents to prove that we are married.
-The tax return of my husband.
-statement of bank account of my husband.

It is enough documents??? Do i need to have more??

A1 stamp is still good for my entry in UK and my case?

And, my flight is arriving from Canada to Dublin, but I have to take an other flight to Manchester. So my port of entry is Dublin, it is ok?

Thanks to help me with your answers! And if you have more info to give me I would be please!

Marie :)

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
First, it's Code 1A stamp (limited leave to remain for 6 months).
Expect hassle at UK border. The officers don't like people arriving without EEA family permit and requesting Code 1A stamp instead, as they have to verify your details and ensure you have the rights under EU law to enter UK.

Perhaps one of his payslips as well.

Do NOT enter via Dublin (Ireland) as you will not get Code 1A stamp, either there on in Manchester. You must arrive directly in UK.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Joppa,

Ok, so I understand that i will not get the 1A stamp in Dublin. But I can have my usual stamp as a tourist?? And when I am there, I can apply for the residence card?

Can i do that?

Thank you! :)

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
You will get an Irish stamp valid for 3 months. You can then apply for residence card after arriving in UK, as your husband is already in work.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, thanks, that really helpfull!!

I will do that, I am starting to fill the form EE2 already! But I have an other question, I will have to travel with my husband to Spain to weeks after I arrived in UK. So, I will come back with him to UK by Heathrow. So, we can also bring all the document with us and can I have the stamp 1A at this time? And after send my form EEA2? It's that correct?

Thank you again! :)

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
You need to enclose your passport with EEA2, so before travelling you have to request its return. This won't withdraw your application.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My worry is I will be arriving from Canada to Ireland, so the stamp in my passport is for 3 months only. And if the EEA2 take more then that, i am not in trouble? That why I wanted to travel to spain with my husband before sending my application for the EEA2. I will come back to UK with him and will have the stamp 1A for 6 months and send my applicaton the same day.

It is right?

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hello, just an update on my story. I travel from Montreal Canada on the 27 of December 2013 to Boston and then to Dublin.. and finally to Manchester.

The airline in Montreal was not sure to let me board ... because I had a one way ticket.. but I show them my original paper of marriage and they let me board.

After, I had the stamp in Ireland for 3 months. No stamp in UK. The information that Joppa gave me was 100% right.

On the 15 of January 2014, I travel to Spain from London with my husband and we came back today.

I had all my paper ready to ask for the 1A stamp. ( Marriage certificate, Council Tax at our names, prove of employment by the HM Revenue for my husband, a letter of his employer, his bank accounts statements, a letter from my previous employers for my loyal services and my last day of work.. I was working for the Gouvernment of Canada.. so it s all official documents.. and more.. it was all in a file proper sorted.

So, we both went at the other passport queue and I ask for the 1A stamp, and my intention is to apply quick for the EEA2. You can tell that they were not use to it... but I was really polite and know my rights. They were very helpful and they put the stamp in my passport.

Now, I am going tomorrow for my NIN at the job centre!! :)

And I will send my application for my EEA2 when I received my NIN.

Thank you for your advices everythings was 100% right!!! I am very happy !

Marie xx :)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Congratulations!
Joppa is truly amazing and so is everyone else on these threads.
Marie, have a blessed life with your family in your new home country. Enjoy life!

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
I'm not an advocate of requesting Code 1A stamp, as you may have gathered from other threads. My recommendation is, as far as possible, to get EEA family permit in advance, and you will then have a hassle-free UK entry, usually at the end of a long, tiring flight. Immigration officer you meet may not be as friendly or helpful as you had a good fortunate to encounter, and it can become a stressful experience.

·
Registered
9 Posts
You can try that instead.
Hello Joppa,

I am a British citizen and exercising my EU treaty rights in Ireland (Dublin). My non - EEA spouse have got the EEA accompanying visa for Ireland and will be coming to Ireland in march 2014. Please tell me how I can come to uk the quickest possible way. I heard FP is difficult than Code 1A stamp. Please advise how and from where can I get this stamp. also please advise wat happens at the border and how to proceed once in the UK.

Thanks and regards.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello Joppa, I am waiting for my non eea spouse in Ireland. from Ireland how can we apply for the Code 1A stamp. please advise.

regards.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
It's very difficult to get Code 1A stamp because, Ireland being in common travel area, there are no border formalities when travelling to UK. In any case you can only get the stamp when entering UK, not at embassy, consulate etc. If you are only coming to UK for a visit, the EEA visa may be sufficient for entering UK, depending on nationality. If you want to bring your spouse to UK permanently, you may be able to do so under Surinder Singh, for which you must get EEA family permit at the British embassy in Dublin. The rule has recently changed and Home Office now expects you to have moved the centre of your life to Ireland, being integrated into the Irish society etc. You may need to be living and working in Ireland more like a year to show you have done so.

·
Registered
9 Posts
It's very difficult to get Code 1A stamp because, Ireland being in common travel area, there are no border formalities when travelling to UK. In any case you can only get the stamp when entering UK, not at embassy, consulate etc. If you are only coming to UK for a visit, the EEA visa may be sufficient for entering UK, depending on nationality. If you want to bring your spouse to UK permanently, you may be able to do so under Surinder Singh, for which you must get EEA family permit at the British embassy in Dublin. The rule has recently changed and Home Office now expects you to have moved the centre of your life to Ireland, being integrated into the Irish society etc. You may need to be living and working in Ireland more like a year to show you have done so.
Hi Joppa, ok my spouse is non eu citizen but our kids are Britishers coz of me. Can we not go and settle in uk under Zambrano case or any other EU law.

Thanks and regards.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
But to process an entry under Zambrano or any other judgment, they need time so can't do it at the border. So applying for EEA family permit with correct supporting evidence is strongly recommended.
OK, you may be able to get Code 1A stamp for 6 months, but in order to get residence card, full application is needed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I see brit embassy refusing lots of fp tats why people r goin to border and getting code 1A. And if some o e fp is refused then code 1A will become more difficult as they can also question why fp was refused. Dont know wat to do. Please advise.

Tnx and regards.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.