Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Does anybody know - can I contact the DVLA and have them send me details of my current license 'status'?
Is that a thing? Are they obliged to tell me?

See, I've just moved and I can't find my driving license.. but I'm filling out an application form to 'exchange a foreign license' - the form obviously wants details and I can't even remember what address is on my current license (or even if it might have expired since I last used it!!)

btw. I CANNOT get hold of DVLA on the phone.. the old bull**** "currently experiencing high call volumes try again later" EVERY time - for several days now..

I think my only option is to email them requesting the current details they hold on me..
Are they legally obliged to respond to such a request or will they just ignore me as usual?

Thanks folks.

·
Registered
29 Posts
UK licence usually does not expire until your 70 years old.
Do you know your license number? Its made up using 18 characters using your name and date of birth (google how to find it).
Your licence details should also be on your last motor vehicle insurance documents.

If you have your driving licence number, NI insurance number and the post code used on your last driving licence then you can use the Gov.UK website to view your driving record (search 'view driving licence').

1 - 2 of 2 Posts