Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
I had applied for GSM 175 in Dec and last week i've got a CO allocated and she has requested for Medicals,PCC,Birth certificate etc. I currently live in the UK but originally from a non-eu country.

My British citizenship is being processed and I reckon it would be 2 monthss before I could get a UK passport. I would like my Australian PR to be on my UK passport rather on my home country's passport. what do i do for this? Can I ask my CO to grant the PR visa once my UK passport has come through...Please advise

Thanks
Val

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
let them proceed, come july everything will change, once you have the visa, get the stamp on the old one, if you get a new one by then, nothing like it, else you can always go back to the consulate and get it done on the newer one

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
let them proceed, come july everything will change, once you have the visa, get the stamp on the old one, if you get a new one by then, nothing like it, else you can always go back to the consulate and get it done on the newer one
Hi Anj1976,
Thanks a lot for taking the time to respond. is it as simple as you have mentioned?.. I'll be delighted if thats the case.

What actually happens when u get a grant from the CO? Does the CO email a document which you need to carry to the Australian authorities to get a stamp on the current passport?

I presume the grant letter will have my current passport details which would go void after acquiring British citizenship. I am not sure if the australian authorities would stamp the visa on a passport different from the one on the grant letter?

Thanks
Val

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.