Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firstly, a bit of background...

I am British and want to move back to the UK after 10 years living in Mexico. My wife is Mexican and we have 2 kids with UK passports. Looking to make the move October/November this year.

After much research, I think that I have basic understanding of what will be required using the VA4A form and appendix 2 (financial evidence) to get a foreign spouse visa.

I see that they are rolling out this Biometric Residence Permit and anyone who is issued this will only have 30 days from date of visa issue to enter the UK. This could be a serious stumbling block given the huge amount of stuff to organise for an international move. So I see that Mexico (the Rest of the World) will not be implemented until July 31st.
The question is, if we get moving and get the visa application in before end of July, will the visa issued be the old type and we get 33 months? This would be ideal.

Also, I intend to illustrate financial independence by current salary. I understand that also you must show that you have a job offer in the UK.
I will be keeping the same job that I have now, I work as a ship's captain and get paid in dollars from a company in Singapore. Will this be an issue? Common sense would say not but common sense can disappear when it comes to this kind of thing!

Any advice that people have would be much appreciated, thanks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.