Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am marrying my american fiancé in th UK this september, he will return to the States after our wedding, then He will start the visa process so I can move over there. We have been looking at the forms etc and are so confused. Can anyone help who has done this. For example, on the forms I-130 and G-325A it asks for an Alien Registration Number but as far as I can see you only get this with your Green Card which makes no sense if I need it NOW at the start of the process.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
after he return he files for a spousal visa ...to bring you over
this can take a year
spousal visa CR1
Immigrant Visa for a Spouse of a U.S. Citizen (IR1 or CR1)

OR

For a fiancee visa
K1 Fiance Visa Process Flowchart and Timeline

US Citizen can apply for a special visa to allow a non-citizen (their fiancée) to enter the country in order to get married to a US citizen inside the US.

Once issued, the K1 visa will allow the non-citizen to enter the United States legally, for 90 days in order for the marriage ceremony to take place. Once you marry, the non-citizen can remain in the US and may apply for permanent residence. While USCIS processes the application, the non-citizen can remain in the US legally
The US citizen income must meet the require minimum to fulfill the affidavit of support
currently $19912 for a 2 person household

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
Davis - please read OP's question. The visa has already been decided on. Can you help with the forms?

Someone else?

·
Registered
755 Posts
I am marrying my american fiancé in th UK this september, he will return to the States after our wedding, then He will start the visa process so I can move over there. We have been looking at the forms etc and are so confused. Can anyone help who has done this. For example, on the forms I-130 and G-325A it asks for an Alien Registration Number but as far as I can see you only get this with your Green Card which makes no sense if I need it NOW at the start of the process.
For Alien Registration Number. I put 'None' as my husband didn't have one yet. If you don't have one you can put 'None'

·
Registered
755 Posts
I just completed this process and my advice to you is get an immigration lawyer without one the process is a nightmare
An immigration lawyer can only do so much. Having a lawyer doesn't get you to the front of the line. Couple that have paid thousands of dollars for a lawyer have also received RFE. I would only get a lawyer if you have red flags or feel that your visa might not be approved.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts