Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I read some posts. Thanks for the useful information. I would like to ask your opinion pls...

I am in the UK. My wife is in Albania (non-EU). I have somewhere for us to live in Ireland. My wife has approx' £5000 savings. I intend to work employed or self-employed in Ireland. Our marriage was registered in the UK a couple of years ago.

Do you think this is a good visa to apply for my wife to come to Ireland?

Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service Family Members of EU/EEA /Swiss Citizens

It says...

Supporting documentation

In order for you to establish that you are a ‘qualifying family member’

or a ‘permitted family member’ you must prove:

*that there is an EU/EEA/Swiss citizen from whom you can derive rights under the Directive,

*the existence of the required family relationship to that citizen including where relevant dependency or membership of the household,

*that you will be accompanying or joining that citizen who is exercising free movement rights in Ireland or provide a declaration or statement of confirmation that the citizen will be exercising those rights at the time of your arrival in Ireland.

The proofs that may be required are:

*proof of identity e.g. valid passports for the applicant family member and the EU citizen,

*proof of family link e.g. a valid marriage or birth certificate - this is so that the visa officer can ascertain that the applicant is a family member of the EU citizen,
where relevant, proof of dependency or membership of the household,

*proof that the EU/EEA/Swiss citizen is exercising free movement rights in Ireland e.g.

*proof that the EU/ EEA/Swiss citizen already resides in the State or a declaration or statement of confirmation that the EU/EEA/Swiss citizen will be exercising those rights at the time of the applicant family member’s arrival in Ireland - this is so that the visa officer can ascertain that the applicant family member will be residing in the State together with the citizen concerned.

How can we prove these things pls?

When can my wife apply: before or after I arrive in Ireland?

Thank you sincerely in advance!

·
Registered
39,149 Posts
Quite easy. Passports, marriage certificate and one payslip from your job in Ireland., plus possibly lease for accommodation. She needs a visa to enter Ireland (issued free), and then she applies for residence card at Garda national immigration office in Dublin or regional Garda HQ.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Joppa

Any suggestions on how to do this pls, if there is no job, course of study, no tenancy, and just one or two relatives?

~

Evidence of your obligations to return to your country of permanent residence

As you are applying for a short stay visa for Ireland (which permits visits of less than 90 days), it is important that you provide evidence that you have strong family, social or economic ties to your country of residence. This is necessary in order to satisfy the Visa Officer that you will leave Ireland on, or before, your intended date of departure from Ireland.

It is your responsibility to provide this evidence. All of the information that you provide must be in the form of documentary evidence which can be verified by the Visa Officer.

/

Suggestions on how to show evidence of your obligations to return

If you are employed, you must provide your 3 most recent payslips and a letter from your employer stating:
how long you have been employed there,
the dates you will be on annual leave from,
the date you will be returning to work in that employment.

If you are a student, you must provide a letter from your college stating:
the course you are studying,
how many years you have been a student there,
how many years/terms you have left at that college, and that you will be returning there following your visit to Ireland.

Details of any family members living in your country of residence - if you are married or have any dependent children, and your spouse or children are remaining at home, you should submit your marriage certificate and birth certificates for the children.
Evidence of any property you own/rente.g. Title deed/tenancy agreement.

All letters submitted should be on official company headed paper and give full contact details so that they can be verified. These must include a full postal address, name of contact, position in company/college, telephone number (landline), website, and email address (email addresses such as Yahoo or Hotmail are not accepted).

·
Registered
39,149 Posts
Yes, but your case is different. Just state, with evidence, that you are applying in Ireland for residence card as family member of an EEA citizen, e.g. marriage certificate, letter explaining this.

·
Registered
39,149 Posts
Because you are applying for short-term visit visa for the sole reason of entering Ireland and then applying for residence card under EEA regulations. So you aren't a tourist returning home in 3 weeks, for example.

·
Registered
39,149 Posts
You can be in Ireland for 3 months before you need to exercise a Treaty right, such as working.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.