Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,:peace:

I have recently completed my degree in BEng (Honours) Electronic and Electrical Engineering from a UK University. Just like other UK degrees, my degree is three years in duration.

I am planning to apply for assessment with Engineers Australia, but I'm a bit confused :confused2: My concern is whether my degree is accredited or non-recognised by the Engineers Australia. Plus where do I fall in the following catagories;

1. Professional Engineer
2. Engineering Technologist
3. Engineering Associate

I will highly appreciate any nudge in the right direction.

Cheers :ranger:

·
Banned
1,236 Posts
Hi everyone,:peace:

I have recently completed my degree in BEng (Honours) Electronic and Electrical Engineering from a UK University. Just like other UK degrees, my degree is three years in duration.

I am planning to apply for assessment with Engineers Australia, but I'm a bit confused :confused2: My concern is whether my degree is accredited or non-recognised by the Engineers Australia. Plus where do I fall in the following catagories;

1. Professional Engineer
2. Engineering Technologist
3. Engineering Associate

I will highly appreciate any nudge in the right direction.

Cheers :ranger:
I recently completed ACS assessment successfully with 3 years external (Hons.) Bachelor from UK University, and that too first year exempted, so EA should recognize your Degree without any issue, in fact before I submitted my application, I had a bit of look around, and found that UK (Hons.) Degrees are Rated Higher\Valued More than a similar standard degree from AU or Canada.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers mate...

Thanks sunlight11, I am relieved to know that my UK degree is in-fact better than normal degrees.

Actually, I am right now at the very beginning of this process, just not sure where to start. Plus, I recently took my IELTS, :fingerscrossed: hope I get decent scores.

By the way, if you don't mind me asking, how did you manage to get such marvelous scores in IELTS :clap2: Was it your 1st try?

·
Banned
1,236 Posts
Thanks sunlight11, I am relieved to know that my UK degree is in-fact better than normal degrees.

Actually, I am right now at the very beginning of this process, just not sure where to start. Plus, I recently took my IELTS, :fingerscrossed: hope I get decent scores.

By the way, if you don't mind me asking, how did you manage to get such marvelous scores in IELTS :clap2: Was it your 1st try?
Yes first shot at GT, but I also sat for Academic version once on 2012.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@Sunlight11

I hope to get my scores similar to yours. :amen:

I had a concern, regarding launching an assessment with Engineers Australia. Since I possess a UK Engineering Degree, should I go for "recognized qualification" route or "non-recognized qualification" route?

Thank you.
;)

·
Registered
94 Posts
I recently completed ACS assessment successfully with 3 years external (Hons.) Bachelor from UK University, and that too first year exempted, so EA should recognize your Degree without any issue, in fact before I submitted my application, I had a bit of look around, and found that UK (Hons.) Degrees are Rated Higher\Valued More than a similar standard degree from AU or Canada.
Hi Sunlight,

Just saw your post today. Although this is an old thread, there is a little advise I would like to ask from you. I have a bachelor's degree in Electrical&Electronics Engineering awarded by University of Bradford but I have been working as a Software Engineer during my internship and also my current career.

Should I get assessed by EA or ACS? I've been working for 2.5years. Would ACS assess me or would I get a better chance with EA?

Also, are UK 3years degrees recognised by EA? or I have to go through CDR?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi Sunlight,

Just saw your post today. Although this is an old thread, there is a little advise I would like to ask from you. I have a bachelor's degree in Electrical&Electronics Engineering awarded by University of Bradford but I have been working as a Software Engineer during my internship and also my current career.

Should I get assessed by EA or ACS? I've been working for 2.5years. Would ACS assess me or would I get a better chance with EA?

Also, are UK 3years degrees recognised by EA? or I have to go through CDR?

Thanks in advance
Did you get anywhere with your query? I am in the same boat

1 - 7 of 7 Posts