Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi

Just a heads up, I went to great lengths to obtain *physical* original documents (birth certs via international fedex etc) even though my mom had sent me PDF scans.

However the premium processing center in San Francisco said only *copies* are required and that the only original document needed, were our passports.

I was skeptical but the staff insisted. So anyway, mine and my wife's visas were processed just fine with regular, non-certified black and white photocopies only. We were approved and had passports back in hand within 5 days.

Maybe it's a once off, or I misunderstood the requirement or something, but there you go. Thought I'd share in case it helps someone else

·
Registered
39,244 Posts
There seem to be such a variety of procedures concerning supporting documents, so it's difficult to see what to believe. Until the situation is 100% clarified, I suggest taking or sending original documents, with photocopies, to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There seem to be such a variety of procedures concerning supporting documents, so it's difficult to see what to believe. Until the situation is 100% clarified, I suggest taking or sending original documents, with photocopies, to be on the safe side.
I agree, a bit more official clarity would probably result in less stress all round

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.