Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

So I just graduated from the University of California Santa Barbara and I am moving to Paris in the fall. I have already set up french classes to start when I arrive there in September and I am just wondering what is the best way to go about moving to a new country? What is the best way to get a part time job in a country that you don't know the language? Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Tanimal

·
Administrator
49,986 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum!

I'm assuming that you have the visa situation squared away - a student visa, is it? The type of visa you're on will affect whether and how much you'll be able to work, as well as (to some extent) the types of part time jobs you'll be eligible for.

Finding work with no French is going to be difficult, particularly in Paris. I suspect it's one of the reasons they insist that you have enough resources up front to fund your stay in France. If you haven't applied yet for your visa, you may want to look into going over as an au pair - which takes care of your accommodation and job, and under the terms of an au pair visa, you must be given time off to attend your French classes.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks bev, I am getting my student visa so i will be able to work some hours and I am looking into the au pair side of things!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.