1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
598 Posts
Thats really sad. Above the law.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Unfortunately yet another pathetic reminder of whose hamster wheel we are running around. Along with the pardoning of thousands of wreckless drivers pardoned on National day this sends a very clear message that if you are from the land of Noteettingham you can pretty much do what you want.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Money and lifestyle mate - seriously - have you seen the mess the Uk is in?????

The only other place i fancy is South Korea or Malaysia tbh!

Or maybe as a lifeguard on copacabana beach!
I lived in Malaysia - great place - only 1 problem.....dealing with locals !!!

I agree the UK is in a mess - but the rule of law applies to all.

The wise words written in The Old Bailey: "Right lives by law and law subsists by power"

·
Banned
598 Posts
I lived in Malaysia - great place - only 1 problem.....dealing with locals !!!

I agree the UK is in a mess - but the rule of law applies to all.

The wise words written in The Old Bailey: "Right lives by law and law subsists by power"
whats the problem with the locals in Malaysia?
Just curious. thanks

·
Banned
598 Posts
ok I will pm you if you dont mind.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Must have borrowed OJ's glove.

The rich and powerful get off lightly all across the world, it's not fair, but some people are lucky enough to be above the law, whether it be in the UAE, UK or USA.
Agreed - it's very easy to react with indignation to the injustices in other cultures, but we shouldn't be blind to the injustices in our own. I would argue that untouchability factor in the UK and US are even more prevalent - look at the figures for white middle classes in high-security jails. They are juist (OJ and possibly MJ aside) lower profile.

·
Banned
598 Posts
Agreed - it's very easy to react with indignation to the injustices in other cultures, but we shouldn't be blind to the injustices in our own. I would argue that untouchability factor in the UK and US are even more prevalent - look at the figures for white middle classes in high-security jails. They are juist (OJ and possibly MJ aside) lower profile.
I agree, Bush and Obama are still free. :mad:

·
Registered
226 Posts
Yes and we didnt see George W getting arrested for signing off on waterboarding.....

·
Banned
82 Posts
You guys recall how a few months ago the US Congress was saying that it would block the US-UAE nuclear deal because of Sheikh Issas case?

I guess we, as individuals, dont have to have a bad conscience for selling out our ideals for a handful of cash ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
cmon guys...there is no point going on about this case...right from the beginning, everyone knows that he did it...and everyone also knew that nothing is going to come out of it...he was bound to be set free....if not mind altering drugs...they might hav come up with hynotism, or he was blackmailed...or some crap or the other...:)
Welcome to dubai !!

·
Registered
6,657 Posts
cmon guys...there is no point going on about this case...right from the beginning, everyone knows that he did it...and everyone also knew that nothing is going to come out of it...he was bound to be set free....if not mind altering drugs...they might hav come up with hynotism, or he was blackmailed...or some crap or the other...:)
Welcome to dubai !!
Yes, we all knew the likely outcome, but the day you think that's OK is when you have given up your humanity.

-

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.