Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
I’m after a bit of advice on relocating to the UAE from the UK.

My husband has just been offered a relocation out to the UAE, their offices are based in Dubai, so my question is where is best to live? Dubai does not have to be our place of residence as his job requires him to travel a lot around the Middle East (ie, he is NOT based in an office). We have a budget of around 100,000AED per year.
Most importantly, we have two children aged 10 & 8 who are VERY active and love the outdoor life. This will obviously not be an issue given the lifestyle and climate of the UAE, but, I'd like your advice on the schools.
Does anyone know about the English speaking school out in Ras Al Khaimah and is it any good? What about British Schools in other parts of the UAE??
We are currently researching like crazy and time is short as we would like to begin the process of relocating ASAP, this obviously means we need a destination so that we can register the boys in a school (we appreciate that places are limited)
In summary, I would like the following help:-
• An ideal location for an active family (rugby clubs are a HUGE factor)
• British School advice
• ExPat living for the long term (ie, future employment for myself once the boys are settled etc– I have a BSc Honours Degree)

All advice will be VERY GRATEFULLY received.

Thanks in advance
Emma
:confused:

·
Registered
572 Posts
Hi Emma

The school will play a large factor in where you choose to live, unless of course you want to spend hours in the car each day! (There are school bus services of course).

Most of the schools have waiting lists so you may be limited for choice, assuming you're looking at September for them starting here?

Do a search for the British Curriculum Schools in the UAE and go from there. There are plenty of reviews / opinions on this forum to help you.

100k+ should just about get you into a Villa, or a good sized apartment. I guess it depends on the above, and whether you want to be in the suburbs, or living in the thick of it!

Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.