Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,204 Posts
Maybe the plan was to have a month full of festivities culminating with a grand celebration on December 2nd since it's their 40th anniversary? Not sure....but it seems like it.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
It had been announced 40 days of celebrations (in one form or another)

·
Registered
362 Posts
The best way to celebrate would be to give everyone 40 days off work with full pay.
Maz25 if I remember rightly from the Eid al Fitr thread you work for a government organisation - so you never know, this could happen!

40 days of celebrations - does that mean that Beach Road is going to be jammed with adolescent Emiratis on quad bikes and in stickered cars the whole time??

·
Registered
4,518 Posts
Maz25 if I remember rightly from the Eid al Fitr thread you work for a government organisation - so you never know, this could happen!

40 days of celebrations - does that mean that Beach Road is going to be jammed with adolescent Emiratis on quad bikes and in stickered cars the whole time??
I DID work for a government organisation but alas, I came to my senses and I'm now living in Australia, so no more perks for me. :) But, I wouldn't put it past them to give the public sector an ultra long holiday!

I'd forgotten about the stickered cars with kids hanging out the sunroof and windows - gonna miss that this year but I'm sure Gulf News will not disappoint me and will publish enough pics to keep me happy.

·
Registered
6,657 Posts

I do hope not! I can hear them from my house and one day is enough of their endless revving and racing. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How can there be 40 days of celebration? If it were 40 days of celebration, it should have commenced on 23rd Oct, and would undoubtedly be over advertised...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Wow I am looking forward to what they have in store! We have lived in Dubai dor 30 of those 40 years. And what an incredible childhood I had here, and can provide for my children here. We do live in a place worth celebrating!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Its 24th October 1944, the day UNITED NATION ORGANIZATION (UNO) was formed and started operating---

i remember this date sooo well because i won a quiz show back in high school by answering this question... i was given chocolates to be shared with my class mates.... :clap2:

:focus: sh. mohamed announced it long back when elections were on in September this year.... they are basically celebrating democracy and supporting everything what UNO says... this was a press release stating the same....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.