Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my entitlement letter after waiting almost 5 months. Payments were to begin May 2015 but have not been received. Confirmed bank details with FBU London and payments were then done again from US 1st June and were again returned. FBU Londonnot much help. I have written a letter to SSA Baltimore and will await their answer. Has anyone else had a problem like this

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
I received my entitlement letter after waiting almost 5 months. Payments were to begin May 2015 but have not been received. Confirmed bank details with FBU London and payments were then done again from US 1st June and were again returned. FBU Londonnot much help. I have written a letter to SSA Baltimore and will await their answer. Has anyone else had a problem like this
What do you mean by "payments were then done again from USA 1st June and were again returned"

Sounds as though the SS payments came through but the bank returned them?

Just to say that my own payments (and I live in the US) were agreed from June 2015, but my first payment will not be received until 22 July ! and then after that on the 4th Wednesday of each month. So from that I reckon I will always be at least one month behind - so getting them paid in the UK might take even longer !

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The payments never reach my UK bank. They have investigated it thoroughly from this end. The SSA must be getting my account details wrong in that the payments do not get to my bank.

·
Administrator
50,438 Posts
There is a "Federal Benefits" office at the London Embassy. You may want to contact them for some assistance (since they are the ones who receive the bulk monthly benefit payment from the US, convert it to local currency and are supposed to transfer it to the individual bank accounts). Perhaps they are the ones having some problem. Federal Benefits / Social Security | Embassy of the United States
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Finally got it sorted. SSA in Baltimore had imputed wrong bank details into their system. No running smoothly (fingers crossed)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.