Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you've requested a travel/ non settlement / non work visa for the U.K. (Particularly from NZ) please could you post your timeline!!
As my partner and I wanted to go for July and it said it took 2/3 weeks and we had to use it within 30 days we did the following-;
Started application : may 10th
Biometrics. : may 15th
Applied for police check : may 17th
Police check arrived : June 27th
Application sent off : June 29th

We've not even had an email to say that anything has been received, no idea where the passport is etc and now worried that everyone else's visas are taking 3 months but my partner has got to be at work by the end of August and we wanted to go for a good 3-4 weeks for him to meet my family in the UK, he has got one major crime on his record from 7 years ago so we knew it may not be as quick as other visas but it's simply one for travel and considering his partner is a UK citizen and we're booking a return flight we're hoping it won't be an Issue.

·
Registered
31 Posts
If you've requested a travel/ non settlement / non work visa for the U.K. (Particularly from NZ) please could you post your timeline!!
As my partner and I wanted to go for July and it said it took 2/3 weeks and we had to use it within 30 days we did the following-;
Started application : may 10th
Biometrics. : may 15th
Applied for police check : may 17th
Police check arrived : June 27th
Application sent off : June 29th

We've not even had an email to say that anything has been received, no idea where the passport is etc and now worried that everyone else's visas are taking 3 months but my partner has got to be at work by the end of August and we wanted to go for a good 3-4 weeks for him to meet my family in the UK, he has got one major crime on his record from 7 years ago so we knew it may not be as quick as other visas but it's simply one for travel and considering his partner is a UK citizen and we're booking a return flight we're hoping it won't be an Issue.
Hi, I applied for my ancestry visa 4/5. Biometrics 9/5. Received an email about 25/5 saying my application had been received and it was not straightforward. A lot of people have received this apparently. I paid to email them querying if they had received my documents as I hadn't heard anything. They replied saying they had. I have emailed them asking when a decision will be made and I havent heard anything. There was an article in Stuff last week stating there is a massive delay in Sheffield (all ours are processed there now as it used to be Manilla). Only thing I can suggest is if you give them a call or email. Both options will charge you and you may still not get any information you want. I'm personally expecting to have to wait another month or 2 before I hear anything even though the guidelines stated processing was 15 working days. It sucks but everyone seems to be in the same boat... :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.