Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day everyone,

I've been browsing about this forum and have stumbled onto some helpful information about the U.K. ancestry visa (thank you to those people,sharing your experience really has been a great help) and at this point with the supporting documentation I have attained I do belief I will experience a straight forward application.

I have noticed that a number of people on this forum have submitted proof of current employment in their home country when making their application,my question is would this be grounds for a refusal if I am not employed and unable to provide a proof of current employment at the time of making the application ?I do have work experience attained during the year long practical portion of my degree and did work prior to beginning my studies. I am however currently back on campus completing my tertiary studies and intend on relocating to the U.K. Immediately after graduation to begin work. I will also show intent to do so in my application. Would anybody be able to elaborate on this at all ? It would be greatly appreciated :)

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
It's not a requirement to be employed at the time of application. Since an ancestry visa is technically a work visa, you would need to at least have the intention of finding employment in the UK. I believe many people have had an ancestry visa granted without sending any employment-related documentation at all, but it's advised to send in at least a CV (even if it doesn't show much work history).

Where you might be refused is if it became clear in your application that you were unable or unwilling to work. But I don't think that's a worry here.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for clearing that up for me,My intention is ofcourse to find employment over in the U.K. So I will definitely begin looking prior to my application and will attach my CV and copy of academic record with my application. The concern was with perhaps having to take up employment prior to applying just for the purpose of making an application,which wouldn't really be fair to the company employing me here at home.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi, I received an Ancestry Visa and its not a requirement to send in payslips or have a job. You should send in a CV, copies of proof that you have signed up with recruitement agencies, a linked in, job references etc stuff like that. I did send in payslips etc but that was more to show where my savings had come from

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.