Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am currently a Canadian maths teacher at a secondary school, and just sent off my online application last week for my Tier 2 (General Shortage Occupation) visa - General Shortage Occupation Migrant, up to 5 years.

Not sure if I am being paranoid, but I was looking over my cerificate of sponsorship and it says "Tier 2 (General - New hires - restricted)" on the actual document. I am going to be employed as a maths teacher, which is on the shortage occupation list, and on my certificate of sponsorship it indicates I am working a shortage occupation job.

The wording on the certificate is giving me doubts about the application if I made correct online application on the visa4uk site. Luckily there would still be time to fix this if is messed it up. I called the UKVI and they refused to offer any advice or help (though still took my money), iand have seen nothing about this anywhere else online. If anyone has experience with this type of visa I would love to hear what you have to say :)

Thanks for your help in this matter,

Andy

·
Registered
39,104 Posts
You are ok. New hires - for someone getting a job in UK for the first time, not extending their existing leave; Restricted - subject to the monthly cap. For July 2015, there is a limit of 1,934 certificates of sponsorship for Tier 2 (General - New hires).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Perfect, thanks so much for that!

I just wasn't sure if I was meant to apply for the tier 2 general, or the tier 2 general shortage occuaption. But you think I picked the right one?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
39,104 Posts
Do you have Certificate of Sponsorship?
You should be applying under Shortage Occupation, which exempts employer from Resident Labour Market Test.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I sure do! That really clears things up and reassures me, thanks for that.

I have to return home to finish the application in Edmonton (I have my appointment booked). From what I understand, all I need to bring is my passport, a new passport photo, my printed application, and my COS.

Do I need to bring a further document saying that my sponsor has A-rating (which they do) if they are guaranteeing my maintenence? Or can they check that on their own?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.