Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All,

By the grace of God, I have got the visa grant for 190 based on State Sponsorship by Western Australia.

http://www.migration.wa.gov.au/skilledmigration/Pages/Newlyarrivedskilledmigrants.aspx

As per the above link, on arrival to Western Australia, registeration is required which will start 2 years committment to live in WA. As I intend to visit for the First time for a week or so (before Aug 2, 2014 being "First Entry Before" date) to activate the PR and after that will be God willing be permanently relocating to Perth in early / mid 2015, I understand that I need to register while permanently relocating (2nd time) and not the first time.

Will be extremely appreciative if the experts here can advice please.

·
Premium Member
3,447 Posts
aamirrehman said:
Dear All, By the grace of God, I have got the visa grant for 190 based on State Sponsorship by Western Australia. http://www.migration.wa.gov.au/skilledmigration/Pages/Newlyarrivedskilledmigrants.aspx As per the above link, on arrival to Western Australia, registeration is required which will start 2 years committment to live in WA. As I intend to visit for the First time for a week or so (before Aug 2, 2014 being "First Entry Before" date) to activate the PR and after that will be God willing be permanently relocating to Perth in early / mid 2015, I understand that I need to register while permanently relocating (2nd time) and not the first time. Will be extremely appreciative if the experts here can advice please.
Yes, you register with them when you arrive to live permanently. You don't need to do anything when you arrive simply to activate the visa.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello ozbound1,

Can u tell us
1. the procedure of registration
2. what papers are required for registration process

Thanks ...

·
Registered
68 Posts
For the purpose of activation of VISA, there is no need to get yourself registered with State Government, but you may receive a mail from them in near future once you have activated your VISA. They ultimately get to know about when you were in Australia & when you get out (even after one weak). But registering is required once you are there permanently for starting a new life.

For the registering, I don't think they will require too much of documents... most probably they require you to be registered because they need to be aware of your where about while In Australia, what are you doing while being in Australia.

You would be getting frequent surveys from State Government which are mandatory for you to fill & reply back in time.

Hope this helps.... :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For the purpose of activation of VISA, there is no need to get yourself registered with State Government, but you may receive a mail from them in near future once you have activated your VISA. They ultimately get to know about when you were in Australia & when you get out (even after one weak). But registering is required once you are there permanently for starting a new life.

For the registering, I don't think they will require too much of documents... most probably they require you to be registered because they need to be aware of your where about while In Australia, what are you doing while being in Australia.

You would be getting frequent surveys from State Government which are mandatory for you to fill & reply back in time.

Hope this helps.... :)
Hi ozbound12, panesarkaran / Other Experts

Thanks a lot for your response. Will be extremely appreciative of your response to following further queries,

Query 1 : What and how to respond back to WA after I receive mail / survey form from them after the PR activation visit (1 week)? Should I email them and clearly tell that I only visited Perth for PR activation with family and will permanently relocate to Perth (God willing) by Start / Mid of 2015?

Query 2 : In case if I inform to WA about permanent relocation after 1-1.5 years (as mentioned above), can this have any negative impact on the PR or possibility of any issues in visa?

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts