Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All,

In my bank account there are two salaries coming. One for me and one for my cousin who asked to transfer his salary to my bank account. The CO asked me about it and I have informed him about it. The salary from my current employment is very clear, but the CO is asking why this salary is coming and it appears that it is not from my claimed employment.

I am a bit apprehensive now.

The problem is that I cannot proof the employment of my cousin due to the situation in Syria, but I have given the salary transfer details which clearly shows the source of salary transfer.

Appreciate if you can guide me.

·
Registered
23,908 Posts
Dear All,

In my bank account there are two salaries coming. One for me and one for my cousin who asked to transfer his salary to my bank account. The CO asked me about it and I have informed him about it. The salary from my current employment is very clear, but the CO is asking why this salary is coming and it appears that it is not from my claimed employment.

The problem is that I cannot proof the employment of my cousin due to the situation in Syria, but I have given the salary transfer details which clearly shows the source of salary transfer.

Everybody is aware of the hardships that the Syrian Citizens are going through and our thoughts and well wishes are with you

I am sure that the CO would also be aware of the same and would be sympathetic to your case

Please explain the circumstances under which you have allowed your cousin to use your bank account and I am pretty sure he will give you the benefit of doubt

There is nothing much you can do as from your post above I don't think your cousin is in any position to provide any documents proof for his salary being credited to your account

Cheers

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dear All,

Anyone can help?

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Why not a letter/declaration from your cousin and/or his/her employer who transfers your cousin salary? Ask them to explain the things in detail. Addressing the key area on why your cousin preferred to have his/her salary in your account. What was their main goal? These funds are under proper channel?

You need to be crystal clear to satisfy your CO.

Anyone can help?

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why not a letter/declaration from your cousin and/or his/her employer who transfers your cousin salary? Ask them to explain the things in detail. Addressing the key area on why your cousin preferred to have his/her salary in your account. What was their main goal? These funds are under proper channel?

You need to be crystal clear to satisfy your CO.

His employer is an embassy in Damascus which is currently closed. He tried very hard to get official letters, but it is very tough due to current situation in Syria. He asked to transfer his salary to my bank account because he doesn't trust the banks in Syria and it is tough to transfer dollars to Syria nowadays. I attached the swift details coming officially from the bank and it is clearly showing that the money is coming from an embassy in Bangkok to my bank account in Dubai.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Please sit and draft a detailed letter with reasons. I am sure CO will definitely understand it, try to provide more proof regarding lack of trust with Syria banks. Like why its not trusted, whats was the reason behind this. Any newspaper article which you show off? Both both closure of embassy and issues with banks in Syria.

His employer is an embassy in Damascus which is currently closed. He tried very hard to get official letters, but it is very tough due to current situation in Syria. He asked to transfer his salary to my bank account because he doesn't trust the banks in Syria and it is tough to transfer dollars to Syria nowadays. I attached the swift details coming officially from the bank and it is clearly showing that the money is coming from an embassy in Bangkok to my bank account in Dubai.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Please sit and draft a detailed letter with reasons. I am sure CO will definitely understand it, try to provide more proof regarding lack of trust with Syria banks. Like why its not trusted, whats was the reason behind this. Any newspaper article which you show off? Both both closure of embassy and issues with banks in Syria.

Thank you bro!
It is there in the news. They have clearly disconnect their diplomatic ties with the Syrian government. Even Australian has closed its embassy there. All countries have imposed sanctions on Syrian banks which is also their in the news and easy to verify. I will ask the CO to contact the embassy in Bangkok if he wants more details.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Thank you bro!
It is there in the news. They have clearly disconnect their diplomatic ties with the Syrian government. Even Australian has closed its embassy there. All countries have imposed sanctions on Syrian banks which is also their in the news and easy to verify. I will ask the CO to contact the embassy in Bangkok if he wants more details.

Asking your CO to contact embassy will invite lot of delay. You talk the step from your end and provide all the details upfront. Just be a bridge between embassy and your CO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse typos.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Asking your CO to contact embassy will invite lot of delay. You talk the step from your end and provide all the details upfront. Just be a bridge between embassy and your CO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse typos.

Hi,

I have got a letter from the embassy confirming the employment of my cousin and showing that his salary is being transferred to my bank account.

I hope that will solve the problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts