Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone, its two months since i have applied for my wife's spouse visa in Istanbul, turkey. i have heard nothing from them! they haven't called my employer!

i am also worried about the accommodation requirement as i haven't sent any utility bills or council tax. below is what i provided:

Tenancy Agreement
Property Report
Landlord Letter

its a share house and im renting from my friend and all bills are included. should i be worried about my accommodation? any help will be appreciated.

thanks

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hi dylan1985,

My husband applied in Turkey in January and it took exactly 12 weeks for a positive reply. I also know of at least five other applicants in Turkey who received their spouse visas at around the 12 week mark. So don't worry yet, hang in there four more weeks and hopefully you will get good news!

Good luck!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi dylan1985,

My husband applied in Turkey in January and it took exactly 12 weeks for a positive reply. I also know of at least five other applicants in Turkey who received their spouse visas at around the 12 week mark. So don't worry yet, hang in there four more weeks and hopefully you will get good news!

Good luck!
thanks for replying. why do they take so long? the reason im worried is that my employer hasn't been contacted and also the accommodation bit. i hope i will get good news.

·
Registered
131 Posts
No idea why they take so long, its very frustrating that they don't have a priority service option in Turkey... I would have paid any price to end the awful waiting game!

My employer wasn't contacted at all during our application so I wouldn't worry about that. Regarding the accomodation documents I'm not so sure. We did submit council tax and water bill but I don't know if these are specified documents, maybe one of the moderators can advise on that?

·
Registered
182 Posts
What date did you apply on??? My husband applied in Istanbul on July 19th and submitted his documents and biometrics on the 24th. We have had no response yet either and I think next week is a public holiday in Turkey so we don't expect any word for at least another 2 r 3 weeks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What date did you apply on??? My husband applied in Istanbul on July 19th and submitted his documents and biometrics on the 24th. We have had no response yet either and I think next week is a public holiday in Turkey so we don't expect any word for at least another 2 r 3 weeks.
well we applied 10/08/2013 in istanbul turkey. but you should'v had a reply by now. next week is public holiday in Turkey so i think we are losing one week. maybe they will answer you the week after. its strange that they take so long, because the documents are clear and just takes one day to look at!

·
Registered
182 Posts
The projected time given by UKBA turkey is 12 weeks, which is 60 working days. If you look at visa processing times turkey in the UKBA site this is the normal processing time.
We lost 3 days for Ramadan holidays so we are currently only at day 53 and next week won't count. We also have a complicated case so we aren't expecting ours to be processed quickly at all.
Just hang in there you may have another while to wait.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.