Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

I have two bank accounts. One is may my main bank account where the salary goes into and the other is used only for paying bills.

I have 12 months of my main bank account worth of statements and I have 5 months for the other account where I pay bills.

Is 5 months for the other account okay or does it have to be 6 months as well.

Kind Regards

·
Registered
39,104 Posts
You meet financial requirement by showing how much you earn (confirmed by payslips and bank statement showing deposit), not how you spend your money like paying bills. So only the first bank account with salary deposits.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you.

I am only including the second bank account as proof of paying rent and utility bills as further proof for accommodation.

·
Registered
39,104 Posts
You don't have to. They assume you pay them by showing utility bills as proof of occupation.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You don't have to. They assume you pay them by showing utility bills as proof of occupation.
Hi Joppa

The reason I am including my bank statements from Natwest is because I wanted to show my direct debit payment being made to my landlord on the 2 July because my letter of accommodation dates 13 May and I applied on 4 July so I wanted to show that I am paying rent.

Also my Natwest bank statements are showing in two different formats because the ones I received by post does not include the 2 July payment so I asked for last month statement to be printed from the branch. I added a note to explain the different format and that Natwest is not my main account. I have also attached 12 months Barclays bank statements where my salary payment goes.

Is this okay?

Kind Regards

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
You are going to confuse things by including bank statements that are unnecessary. If you include 12 statements, they may think you are applying Cat. B and then your pay slips will be missing.

Just give what is required and nothing more.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You are going to confuse things by including bank statements that are unnecessary. If you include 12 statements, they may think you are applying Cat. B and then your pay slips will be missing.

Just give what is required and nothing more.
Thank you Salix for your advise.

I have added the Natwest statements under Accommodation so it is not to be confused with Barclay statements. Do you think it is okay to have the two different formats of Natwest or am I confusing things a lot this way?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Yes, I think you will be confusing things. You don't need to show proof that you are paying your rent.

You just need your tenancy agreement and if the applicant is not on the agreement, you need a letter from the landlord approving them to move in.

You should add a copy of one utility bill or council tax bill showing the address.

That's sufficient.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you Salix, my only concern was that the letter from Landlord to show it is okay for my wife to live with me is dated 13 May 2015.

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
You are really over thinking things. Your proof of accommodation is your tenancy agreement, letter of permission from the landlord, council tax or other bill and property inspection if necessary. As we have already told you, you don't need to prove that you pay rent.

Salix is right. You are setting yourself up for possible confusion. While we suggest that you put your documents in a logical order, when your package is received it is taken apart and put in an order to suit the ECO.

The most recent financial documents should be no more than 28 days old. All other documents should be as recent as possible.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you Guys for your input.

I also have rent statements. So I will remove the Natwest statements from my Accommodation documents as they will only lead to confusion.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.