Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One thing crossed my mind for the FLR(M) interview soon- we stay with my uk citizen husbands parents during the weekend and live in a company let flat during the week. On the paperwork it asks you if you are living with family so we put them down as our residence and got a signed letter and bills from them accordingly.

My question is whether we should mention the flat where he works. We have only have two bills from the flat because we haven't been there long but we were going to only mention his parents house and use that as our residence. They probably won't ask if we commute but if they do we should bring up the flat I assume...

Cheers and thanks

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Given the attention paid to our address by the UKBA official who delivered our FLR Biometrics Residency Permit yesterday, I'd say use whichever address you wanted counted as your real home, which is likely the same as Liz In Uk suggests.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Can you just confirm that there is no entry made in your passport about FLR, and your biometric residence permit (BRP) is the only proof of your right to live in UK, essential for travelling?
My partner's passport was handed back immediately after being checked at our appointment and there is no entry made about her FLR inside it. It seems they only retained mine to add that "no official observations" statement. Therefore, her Biometrics Residency Permit is her ONLY evidence that she's here on settlement and so is absolutely essential for travel (it states "Spouse/Partner Leave To Remain" and also states her permission to work).

·
Registered
39,154 Posts
My partner's passport was handed back immediately after being checked at our appointment and there is no entry made about her FLR inside it. It seems they only retained mine to add that "no official observations" statement. Therefore, her Biometrics Residency Permit is her ONLY evidence that she's here on settlement and so is absolutely essential for travel (it states "Spouse/Partner Leave To Remain" and also states her permission to work).
Thanks. Suspected as much!
This business of not putting a sticker (vignette) in your passport is quite new, since the end of February I believe, when biometrics became compulsory for just about anyone extending leave or applying for ILR.
I have seen a BRP, but for a student, and it does specify right to work, and in case of students, how many hours (10 or 20 hours term-time).

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
All of your FLR advice paid out!

We had the interview yesterday and it looks like everything went through! My ID card comes through within 7 working days so I'll then be allowed to work at last :)

All the info the woman asked me for was both of our bank statements, his pay slips, both of our passports and each of our passport photos, and our marriage certificate. I didn't show the letter from his parents saying we were welcome to stay or our wedding album pictures (wedding album makes sense really). I will tell anyone to still bring "too much paperwork" if it is a same day premium appointment, but only hand over to them what they ask for. I organized it all in a binder so I was able to present each article promptly when she asked for it. I then went in a nearby area to complete my biometrics, waited for that, then some time later she told me my new visa was good for two more years and I would get the card in the mail (his parents', not the company let flat).

Can I buy you all a round of drinks?
:tea:

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Congratulations!

Yes, we too found all our extra evidence was superfluous beyond passports, marriage and bank statements (a big surprise) but I suspect the amount of evidence the UKBA requests depends on the answers in that form, who is applying and where from (meaning the amount of evidence required could well vary and that would explain why the 'supporting documents' guidance is so very non-specific).

·
Registered
39,154 Posts
2farapart said:
Congratulations!

Yes, we too found all our extra evidence was superfluous beyond passports, marriage and bank statements (a big surprise) but I suspect the amount of evidence the UKBA requests depends on the answers in that form, who is applying and where from (meaning the amount of evidence required could well vary and that would explain why the 'supporting documents' guidance is so very non-specific).
I would imagine if you were from Afghanistan or Somalia, more evidence would be asked !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.