Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This business of moderators obstinately assigning posts into the instant death chat room is a feature of this fórum product that displeases me. That´s OK since this is my favorite fórum in which to participate and I understand that moderators need this discretion and have that right but it must be recognized that moving a thread to the chat room immediately assigns that thread the low status similar to the Howdy Doody television episodes of the 1950s usually broadcast at 3:00PM and hosted by "Uncle Bob" or whatever his name was. maybe you guys can sell sugar coated corn flakes with boxed prizes on that chat room forum.

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
This business of moderators obstinately assigning posts into the instant death chat room is a feature of this fórum product that displeases me. That´s OK since this is my favorite fórum in which to participate and I understand that moderators need this discretion and have that right but it must be recognized that moving a thread to the chat room immediately assigns that thread the low status similar to the Howdy Doody television episodes of the 1950s usually broadcast at 3:00PM and hosted by "Uncle Bob" or whatever his name was. maybe you guys can sell sugar coated corn flakes with boxed prizes on that chat room forum.
The chat room is what it says, A "chat room". The forum is for asking and answering questions. This is simply so that chatter doesnt get muddled up with questions. Its nothing to do with down grading, thats down to the content matter.

Jo xxx

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
One of the busiest discussions on this board was a recent U.S. Politics thread....in the Chat Room.

What's the problem?

·
Banned
2,684 Posts
The "problem" has been, IMO, there are one or two participants on the Mexico forum who, because they seem incapable of discussing Mexico-specific topics, post discussions unrelated to the site-owner stated purpose and intent of the main forum and at times hijack discussions, as attention-getting. This website provides not only this off-topic or "maybe related" topic forum but also forums where life in the USA or other countries can more appropriately be discussed. The off-topic interruptions on the main forum has, I know, caused some participants whose discussions have been hijacked to walk away or diminish their participation. And some people who've come to the Mexico forum become disinterested when the discussions seem unrelated to the focus of the forum. If discussions on the chat forum don't attract responses it's because there's little or no interest.

·
Banned
2,684 Posts
Another thought: I've been under the impression that the Rules of this website prohibit the criticism or discussion of Moderator actions and that if one of us has an issue with a Moderator action we are supposed to convey that to the Moderators or Super Moderators in a PM.

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
Another thought: I've been under the impression that the Rules of this website prohibit the criticism or discussion of Moderator actions and that if one of us has an issue with a Moderator action we are supposed to convey that to the Moderators or Super Moderators in a PM.
Very true, lets just say we've let this one go ........... for now!!!! ;) But lets not make a habit of it lol

Jo xxx

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Of all the forums I read, this one seems to have the most tolerant mods. This may be the last stand for anyone who's been banned from most others.

If anyone has finally found him or herself terminally pizzed off about how things are, may I suggest starting a blog for self-expression. That allows for endless releasing of steam. Good for the blood pressure.

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
Of all the forums I read, this one seems to have the most tolerant mods. This may be the last stand for anyone who's been banned from most others.

If anyone has finally found him or herself terminally pizzed off about how things are, may I suggest starting a blog for self-expression. That allows for endless releasing of steam. Good for the blood pressure.
I think we need to look at the grand scheme of things - the forum is a great way of learning, chatting and making friends, but its such a small part of most peoples lives. Of course sometimes people disagree and as long as they can do that constructively and politely thats fine - but insults, mudslinging, rudeness..... No, sorry thats childish. And no, we cant all like each other all of the time, but we're all grown ups, we all signed when we joined the forum to say that we are over 18 lol.

The moderators on here are as tolerant as they need to be, but dont assume they're soft lol!!

Jo xxx

·
Banned
352 Posts
Oh boy, doesn't this bring back memories of grade school and certain types of classmates?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts