Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
I'm trying to sell my VW Polo we imported from the UK and it seems Australian's don't like the word "import" , even though its been all approved and certified and is road worthy.

The valuers at the docks in Brisbane when it first came in gave us a value of $13,000. Yet went to a local VW dealer in Brisbane, they said they would give me around $6,000 for it as its an import.

Isn't there any other way I could make some more money on it!!

I'm sure if I put it on the local auto trader I might get Australian's turning up and not liking the word "import" either.

Can't understand why I should loose so much just because its an import, yet its in excellent condition and a low mileage, speedo shows km's as well miles, but its a manual.

Alistair.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Hi Alistair,

Hubby is going to Australia this month (he'll be in Brissie early next month), and if we decide on Brissie we could certainly use a car.
Let me talk to him.
I'll pm you this evening.

Can you please pm me with year of the car, doors 3 or 5, engine how easy is it to find a garage to fix it, find spares, and if it has air conditioned.

Thanks.

Cheers,
Busyte

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

Its a 5 door, manual, alloy wheels. Metalic Grey 2007. 12,482 Miles. All servicing from UK. Air con.

We'd be looking to sell it late November time.

Just can't understand why we'd got quoted so little at the garage.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hi,

Its a 5 door, manual, alloy wheels. Metalic Grey 2007. 12,482 Miles. All servicing from UK. Air con.

We'd be looking to sell it late November time.

Just can't understand why we'd got quoted so little at the garage.
Are all the spare parts easily available locally, for this model ?
If not, that might explain the price difference.

A 2007 Volkswagen Polo Match 9N has a redbook Trade In Price Guide of $9,700 - $11,500.
the Private sale price guide is $12,500 - $14,300.

If you can somehow confirm to prospective buyers that everything is the same as the local model, you should be able to allay most worries that a local would have about imported model.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Hi,

Hubby says it's too early for us.
Not a good idea to pay insurance before we move and having the car sitting there for months until we go.

Hope things will get better for you guys.

Best wishes,
Teresa

1 - 5 of 5 Posts