Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I have been looking at trying to move to the States. I have done some research and I think I have 2 options; 1. Get sponsorship from an employer to get a H1-B Visa? 2. Marry an American girl. My girlfriend is American, but I dont think this is an option just at the moment. I have a bachelors degree, but only a few years experience (I'm 24). Any useful advice would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I have been looking at trying to move to the States. I have done some research and I think I have 2 options; 1. Get sponsorship from an employer to get a H1-B Visa? 2. Marry an American girl. My girlfriend is American, but I dont think this is an option just at the moment. I have a bachelors degree, but only a few years experience (I'm 24). Any useful advice would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.
You've got a degree and work experience in something that fits with an H1b (mainly science/technology type stuff), go and find an employer sponsor. Don't bother with the numerous scam companies that promise you a visa.

Anything else or no luck with that......and it's marriage if you want to be together in the US.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts