Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
You know Tiz if I said to you in the pub that Anthony "Albatros" Albanese was a whining bitching terrier waiting for an opportunity or Scott "take my picture" Morrison was in the same league would you deny? My only comment about Boris "somewhat unarticulated " Johnson is that perhaps he brush his hair in the morning and if he does then it's definitely time for a new barber,,,, or is that the new look? (I'm an individual) Jacko for those interested.
Regardless of political persuasions or countries we are entitled to an opinion and world news gives us that, bias or factual it is what we see promoted by the media,,,,, left and right. Filter we try. Honestly it shouldn't be this hard to have a decent conversation about failures and successes with political leaders these days.
If I said Hitler was an A hole 80 years ago? Death warrant. Today? The believers in those times and atrocities are locked away in their minuscule world with the rats, our world has moved favourably on since then.

If I came on this site claiming Joe Biden this or Joe Biden that then I would have the quiet achievers jumping on me no different to those that support the other guy, no matter the country. The recently deposed leader Benjamin Netanyahu? we hear little. Why? On and on we can go, perhaps like the news we all watch, it's time to make them accountable for misleading and at times dubiously reported information that is at times hysterical but most times misleading to sell no matter the network. Bucks.
As always sorry for my little rant.

OMO.

Cheers, Steve.

·
Registered
595 Posts
You know Tiz if I said to you in the pub that Anthony "Albatros" Albanese was a whining bitching terrier waiting for an opportunity or Scott "take my picture" Morrison was in the same league would you deny? My only comment about Boris "somewhat unarticulated " Johnson is that perhaps he brush his hair in the morning and if he does then it's definitely time for a new barber,,,, or is that the new look? (I'm an individual) Jacko for those interested.
Regardless of political persuasions or countries we are entitled to an opinion and world news gives us that, bias or factual it is what we see promoted by the media,,,,, left and right. Filter we try. Honestly it shouldn't be this hard to have a decent conversation about failures and successes with political leaders these days.
If I said Hitler was an A hole 80 years ago? Death warrant. Today? The believers in those times and atrocities are locked away in their minuscule world with the rats, our world has moved favourably on since then.

If I came on this site claiming Joe Biden this or Joe Biden that then I would have the quiet achievers jumping on me no different to those that support the other guy, no matter the country. The recently deposed leader Benjamin Netanyahu? we hear little. Why? On and on we can go, perhaps like the news we all watch, it's time to make them accountable for misleading and at times dubiously reported information that is at times hysterical but most times misleading to sell no matter the network. Bucks.
As always sorry for my little rant.

OMO.

Cheers, Steve.
Has Benjamin Netanyahu been deposed? It is my understanding the Knesset still has to vote and 1 party that has one member may change his mind and not vote for it. If that happens then are only 60 votes and that would be one shy to depose him! Just my understanding how it works there.

Chuck

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
There you go Chuck, we can all pick the eyes out of the bias reports "news" and listen to the ones we want to hear. Let's see where this ends. Let's also hope peace is restored yet again,,,,,, until the next time.

Cheers, Steve.

·
Registered
595 Posts
There you go Chuck, we can all pick the eyes out of the bias reports "news" and listen to the ones we want to hear. Let's see where this ends. Let's also hope peace is restored yet again,,,,,, until the next time.

Cheers, Steve.
Actually like to know the facts of a situation versus trusting the media to provide it.

Chuck

·
Registered
159 Posts
On both the criminal and civil litigation fronts, Trump still faces plenty of lawsuits and investigations. Some are civil suits stemming from his pre-presidential business dealings. Others are defamation claims from women he allegedly assaulted. More still are criminal probes and civil actions that scrutinize his attempts to overturn the results of the 2020 election.

Yeah, wake up Art.

Trump was always a con man, only out to enrich himself, his family and his friends.
He cheats on his taxes and loan applications as much as he cheats on his wives.
He rips off contractors that have worked for him and rips off anyone that has ever borrowed from.

·
Registered
159 Posts
hey Tiz,

Stop running your mouth about trump. Prove the things you are saying about cheating on Taxes. only trying to benefit his family and etc. Don't just say it. PROVE IT!!!!! Can you post information that is true what you have said about him????????????????????????

art

·
Registered
270 Posts
Of course I'm not a tax lawyer with access to his tax returns, but Manhattan's district attorney has convened a grand jury to decide whether to indict former President Trump.
The DA may have found evidence of a crime, either by Trump or someone close to him.

Trump has never been known for honesty. Whether there's evidence that directly links him with his crimes, I guess we'll find out soon enough.

More than likely though he'll just throw his accomplices under the bus like any other good mob boss.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Actually like to know the facts of a situation versus trusting the media to provide it.

Chuck
Couldn't agree more and always these debates. I am extremely curious where you gather/get your facts from as I will go and look/read, probably learn something or not, perhaps the same sources?

Cheers, Steve.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Couldn't agree more and always these debates. I am extremely curious where you gather/get your facts from as I will go and look/read, probably learn something or not, perhaps the same sources?

Cheers, Steve.
Read articles from various sources then google to verify the veracity.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
I do appreciate what you are saying Chuck and I google all the time for many and varied things and, like the regular news sources there is always conflicting info. Sift through the rubbish and still doubtful and then some,,,,,,, a little like Netanyahu ousted or flagrant trump lies and if one delves on google? Believe what we will but the old saying? Time will tell and then some. Origins of C-19, Trump pandemic, Aliens are here with us, perhaps all true or rubbish but honestly? Some people are blind. As for veracity? I call it validity. Is Hitler dead? Who assassinated JFK? Who is really running the world?

OMO.

Cheers, Steve.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
I do appreciate what you are saying Chuck and I google all the time for many and varied things and, like the regular news sources there is always conflicting info. Sift through the rubbish and still doubtful and then some,,,,,,, a little like Netanyahu ousted or flagrant trump lies and if one delves on google? Believe what we will but the old saying? Time will tell and then some. Origins of C-19, Trump pandemic, Aliens are here with us, perhaps all true or rubbish but honestly? Some people are blind. As for veracity? I call it validity. Is Hitler dead? Who assassinated JFK? Who is really running the world?

OMO.

Cheers, Steve.
Who needs MSM when you have facebook, well it's all true on face book 🤔

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hey Tiz---Do you think there are any political presidents in the USA that were honest? they all lied. At least Trump laid it all on the line and he wasn't a political person.. A person liked what he did or didn't. He also was trying to fulfill things he said while running for president. People didn't like him because he was not a political person.

I am not a republican or democrat. I just look at who is doing the best job for the citizens of the USA. When a president gives billions of dollars to other countries doesn't help our citizens. At least Trump tried to keep the money here, He stopped the 300 million Obama was giving to Iran the 1st month in office.

Also, for Trumps tax returns. He used every law on the books to his advantage. Nothing illegal about that. He would be stupid not to use the laws available to him. What do you think all the other presidents did in the past. They sure didn't give their money to the government just for having a good heart.

art

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Art, US politicians/politics aside are there any honest politicians or aligned members of "supposed" unaffiliated organisations anywhere in the world that don't have their hands out? A little dirt? Perhaps instead of "the wall" more attention should have been placed on ethical and humanitarian decisions as well as silencing the media, doh, some one likes the lime light and has to be heard and then some. I remember a great boxer that had the same philosophy but never became President. Well we are off again on the new trail so let's see where that ends up.

Australia has similar problems and then some, riding the resource boom now no different to the wool industry 50+ years ago. A small backwater country where there are exactly the same politicians, racial issues and ignorance. Border control, equal rights (no problem with that) and a welfare system that seems to prop up the ones that want to whinge instead of working, nothing better to do, don't get me wrong there are plenty of worthy individuals that need a hand and then there are the ones that take advantage and cry the most. Sound familiar? Your politicians sound exactly the same as most of the worlds "apparent" leaders and guess who is to blame? Us, we put them there and they are all tarred with the same brush,,,,,, some a little darker.

As for Trumps tax returns? Personally that should really be between himself and the government but it appears there are greater things afoot and the ball started rolling many years ago. Look now at the wealthiest people in the world and their personal tax obligations?????? The laws are written for the wealthy.
I whinged some 40 years ago to my dad about how much tax I was paying, his response was "son, the more tax you are paying the more money you are making" and I never looked back but I am a small fry compared to the oligarchy and I will ad that the person in question is not a member of that regime nor ever will be. Face the music now or prolong the agony. 4 more years of disunification to what end? Time to fix things and move on, protect and enhance a (what is supposed to be) democratic country and people, those are the operative words and not to be trifled with, The leader/s of the free world have certainly come under a lot of scrutiny in the last 20/30years but much more so recently.

You want more? That's why we oust leaders.

OMO.

Cheers, Steve.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts