Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,532 Posts
Hello all garden pro.

What tree is this?
It is very difficult to say with such a distant shot. Is it Possible to get a close up shot of the flowers?
To me it looks as though it might be a bougainvillea which was once a standard and has been allowed to grow out of control.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Difficult to say...there is a bouganvillea growing through the tree which looks as if it might be a kurrajong (Australian droight tolerant tree characterised by dark green leaves and straight, smooth trunk (often bulged as it is a water storage mechanism). A close up of leaves would help...

·
Super Moderator
12,532 Posts
Difficult to say...there is a bouganvillea growing through the tree which looks as if it might be a kurrajong (Australian droight tolerant tree characterised by dark green leaves and straight, smooth trunk (often bulged as it is a water storage mechanism). A close up of leaves would help...
True, I was looking at the flowers on long stems which look like bougainvillea but as you say it could be growing through a tree.

Impossible to say with such a small picture.

Anders can you take a better, bigger picture?

·
Banned
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
True, I was looking at the flowers on long stems which look like bougainvillea but as you say it could be growing through a tree.

Impossible to say with such a small picture.

Anders can you take a better, bigger picture?
I will solv the mystery for you. I just put it up for amusement. The bougainvillea is correct, it is growing thru the other tree that is as simple as an orange tree

Sorry if I caused head ache for you :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts