Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my wife is due to come to UK for the first time on a spouse visa which was issued on the 26th of March 2015.
Apart from her stamped passport does she need any other type of documents?

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
It's wise for her to take her TB and English test results with her, also to have your mobile number with her and if you are meeting her then to have your phone switched on.

Some people have been asked where their spouse is now, what address are you going to and where does your spouse work.

She may get asked nothing at all..

·
Registered
39,148 Posts
Check the 'valid from' date on her visa. It must be the same or before the date of her arrival in UK. Some visas are post-dated up to 3 months.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What's tb?
Her visa was issued on the 25th of march 2015 and is valid up until December 2017

·
Registered
27 Posts
My husband travelled to the UK for the first time on a spouse visa recently from Egypt, landed at Heathrow, to be safe he took his application documents in his hand luggage. Turns out they didn't ask to see any of it, they just asked him if it was his first time in the UK, how long he was staying (he replied indefinitely hehe), where he was staying, where we met and where I was (I was not travelling with him, I met him at the airport.)

Don't worry, nothing to worry about. Egyptians don't require a Tb test though so if your wife is from a country where you need one might be worth her having a copy of that.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Hi Joppa, can you please look at my question when you get a chance..... So the visa was issued on 25th of march 2015 and expires in dece December 2017....this is her first time since the visa was issued.
There shouldn't be any issues because i was told if she enters the uk within the 1st 3 months of when the visa was issued then it's ok?

·
Registered
39,148 Posts
If it expires in December 2017, the 'valid from' date must be March 2015 so it's ok to enter at any time before 25th June.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.