Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I had made my first visit to Australia (Perth) in October 2014 with my family to activate the visa & then returned back. My PR validity is till Jan 2019.

I need to ask the following questions:

1. Is there any requirement for me & my family to visit Australia every year or every two years to keep our visa valid?

2. Is there any proposal in queue for approval regarding point # 1?

3. If I do not get a chance now to go to Australia till December 2018 & go to Australia in Jan 2019 which is the last month of my visa validity then is it OK?

4. I can stay in Australia after Jan 2019 without any additional visa if I do not want to leave Australia before getting the citizenship. Is it right?

Please respond with any other relevant information.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Mirza

·
Premium Member
3,447 Posts
Hi, I had made my first visit to Australia (Perth) in October 2014 with my family to activate the visa & then returned back. My PR validity is till Jan 2019. I need to ask the following questions: 1. Is there any requirement for me & my family to visit Australia every year or every two years to keep our visa valid? 2. Is there any proposal in queue for approval regarding point # 1? 3. If I do not get a chance now to go to Australia till December 2018 & go to Australia in Jan 2019 which is the last month of my visa validity then is it OK? 4. I can stay in Australia after Jan 2019 without any additional visa if I do not want to leave Australia before getting the citizenship. Is it right? Please respond with any other relevant information. Thanks in advance. Regards, Mirza
1. No the visa is valid for re entry until it expires.

2. No

3. Yes

4. Yes but if you wish to leave Australia and then return (holiday for example) you will need a resident return visa. You generally need to have resided in Australia for two years out of five to qualify. The RRV is valid for another five years. You may be entitled to a shorter RRV of a year if you have compelling and compassionate reasons, such as a job, owning property or having close family/ties in Australia to return to.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Hi,

I had made my first visit to Australia (Perth) in October 2014 with my family to activate the visa & then returned back. My PR validity is till Jan 2019.

1. Is there any requirement for me & my family to visit Australia every year or every two years to keep our visa valid?

3. If I do not get a chance now to go to Australia till December 2018 & go to Australia in Jan 2019 which is the last month of my visa validity then is it OK?

4. I can stay in Australia after Jan 2019 without any additional visa if I do not want to leave Australia before getting the citizenship. Is it right?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Mirza
Here are your answers:-

1) No
2) Not applicable
3) Yes
4) Yes

Reactions: mirzashoaib85

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

Please see my comments inline....

Hi,

[JEET] - No such requirement, after initial entry this visa is valid until expiry.

[JEET] - No. IF there is something going on behind the scenes THEN we don't know.

[JEET] - Yes, after initial entry you may return anytime before VISA expiry.

[JEET] - Yes.

BUT after that IF you decide to leave Australia for any reason THEN you will have to apply for Resident Return Visa.

Subclass 155 Resident Return visa

You might be able to be granted this visa if you:

• have spent a period totalling two years in the last five years in Australia as either an Australian permanent resident or citizen (the 'residence requirement').

• have not spent two of the last five years in Australia as a permanent resident or citizen, but can satisfy the processing officer that you have substantial business, cultural, employment or personal ties of benefit to Australia, and:

• are lodging while in Australia and can show compelling reasons for any continuous absence from Australia of more than five years;
    • are lodging while overseas, were a permanent resident or citizen when you last departed Australia and can show compelling reasons for any continuous absence from Australia of more than five years;
    • are lodging while overseas, were a permanent resident or citizen in the last 10 years and can show compelling reasons for absence(s) over five years;

• have not spent two of the last five years in Australia as a permanent resident or citizen, but are the partner or dependent family member of a person who holds a subclass 155 visa, or who has also applied for a Resident Return visa and satisfies criteria for grant.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Mirza

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
1. No
2. Not applicable
3. You can return the day before the expiry of the travel rights and that will not be a problem (would advise arriving at least a few days before at least in case of flight delays or other issues).
4. After Jan 2019, you would need a Resident Return Visa to re-enter Australia if you don't yet have citizenship. Once you've lived in Australia for at least 2 years, you'd easily get a 5-year RRV. If you haven't lived in Australia for at least 2 years, you'd get a shorter RRV (typically 1-year) by proving you have significant ties to Australia, e.g. have accommodations, a job perhaps, children in school perhaps, etc.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1. No the visa is valid for re entry until it expires.

2. No

3. Yes

4. Yes but if you wish to leave Australia and then return (holiday for example) you will need a resident return visa. You generally need to have resided in Australia for two years out of five to qualify. The RRV is valid for another five years. You may be entitled to a shorter RRV of a year if you have compelling and compassionate reasons, such as a job, owning property or having close family/ties in Australia to return to.
Thanks for the reply.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts