Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received PR in February 2020 and am planning to travel to Australia from India in January 2021 for my IED. Is anyone else planning to travel around the same time?
It would be good to stay connected with people who are planning to travel during the same time so that we can share information about tickets and stay etc.

Sent from my ASUS_X00TD using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21,877 Posts
I received PR in February 2020 and am planning to travel to Australia from India in January 2021 for my IED. Is anyone else planning to travel around the same time?
It would be good to stay connected with people who are planning to travel during the same time so that we can share information about tickets and stay etc.

I hope you are aware that IED is not required due to covid
There is a blanker waiver
You can enter Australia anytime till feb 2025
If you wish to travel to assess job prospects or migrate permanently, then it’s a different matter

Cheers

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi NB,

Thanks for the response. We are planning to migrate to Sydney permanently jn January 2021. That will be our IED entry as well.

·
Registered
21,877 Posts
Hi NB,

Thanks for the response. We are planning to migrate to Sydney permanently jn January 2021. That will be our IED entry as well.

A real brave heart if you don’t have a job lined up

Cheers

·
Registered
6 Posts

We will be travelling to Sydney in the last week of December 2020 as well. Since there is a mandatory quarantine of 14 days, we are hoping to come out after 1st week of January 2021.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We will be travelling to Sydney in the last week of December 2020 as well. Since there is a mandatory quarantine of 14 days, we are hoping to come out after 1st week of January 2021.
Good to hear and to know that others are also planning on a move. It will be great to stay connected to learn more about your experiences. Will pm you as well.

Sent from my Nokia 5.3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
118 Posts
I hope you are aware about the $3000 for one person quarantine fees plus additional for more people.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Good to hear and to know that others are also planning on a move. It will be great to stay connected to learn more about your experiences. Will pm you as well.

Sent from my Nokia 5.3 using Tapatalk
It will be good to be connected for sure. Are you travelling with family?

We are currently struggling on the post quarantine stay arragnement. As the quarantine may get extended if test doesn't go well and in that case the pre-booking might have to be cancelled.

·
Registered
21,877 Posts
Indeed. This cost is too much be mandatory.
If this too much, think what you will say when you will pay 10,000 aud for each ticket atleast to travel by business class
Economy class passengers are bumped off without a thought to their plight by the airlines, forcing them in the end to shell out the money

Cheers

·
Registered
177 Posts
Exactly, we have to be very patient again/ Otherwise the cost will be like very high for Migrations.
Though people have their own budgets etc but if it can wait we should wait.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts